• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

PHYS (1 Viewer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
But that doesn't make sense. Who gets the pass then if everyone gets the credit ?
Everything must be fit into the curve but now there are too many Cs compared to Passes.
Well I'm in higher so I am not gonna complain.

I don't think higher would down scale. Could be wrong but whatevs I'm happy I passed and now I don't need to worry about that type of physics as much anymore as it had barely anything to do with my line of work in future.

I haven't seen your course outline, so I'll assume not much has changed. If someone just passes the labs, quizzes and final exam, then they will get a pass. Also, people who sit the supplementary may achieve a Pass grade.
What about if you only needed to pass final for a credit?

In your old course outline would that person be guaranteed a credit if they passed the final?

D94

HSC
N/A
What about if you only needed to pass final for a credit?

In your old course outline would that person be guaranteed a credit if they passed the final?
Yeah that's fine; I don't recall any anecdotes where someone needed a pass in the finals to get a credit, but didn't get a credit. But I do also recall there was little to no scaling in higher physics.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah that's fine; I don't recall any anecdotes where someone needed a pass in the finals to get a credit, but didn't get a credit. But I do also recall there was little to no scaling in higher physics.
Oh no its just that before finals I was on something like 36/40 so all I needed was 30/60 in finals (which is already a requirement) to get above 65 which hence is credit.

Well if there is little to no scaling then I'm expecting around a 70.

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I passed too. But damn, got the first question wrong (part a) but everything else right in that question. Got all of question 2 right (or close to correct). Got most of Q3 right (maybe except first part too). Think I got half of Q4 wrong. Probably got some marks here and there for Q5 (roughly 12-13/25). So all in all probably expecting a 60-70/100 raw.

Last edited:

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
fak 1111/1149 results arent out yet :(

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Just noticed the 2014 paper and solutions are available online: http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/firstyear/exams/exam_papers.html
Yeah in the e-mail we got it said that the paper and answers are online.

Tbh have not even bothered to look.

EDIT:

Just looking at the paper now and solutions.

Wow I got a lot more right than I thought.

Now calculating a 60-70% raw.

I actually am looking forward to results now for phys.

Well at least I know I survived first sem without too many problems (just unsure about 1112.....)

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
he solutions are a but dodgey. Most are un-neatly hand written
I just look at the answers.

And then I compare them to what I can remember.

The working out is history.

Nor will I ever have to look back again once the results are out because I found this course boring and it wasn't what I was expecting for physics tbh.

This course had little to no meaning for elec. I reckon it could have been made much more enjoyable but then again its a foundations course so we had to deal with hypothetical stuff in it. Not as many real applications as I would have liked it to have, so it quickly got boring. Idk this is probs just me though because I did an awesome eng course this sem and it demolished all over phys sem 1 stuff.

EDIT: by "I just look at the answers" I mean final end result that you need.

Last edited:

HSC
Uni Grad
I just look at the answers.

And then I compare them to what I can remember.

The working out is history.

Nor will I ever have to look back again once the results are out because I found this course boring and it wasn't what I was expecting for physics tbh.

This course had little to no meaning for elec. I reckon it could have been made much more enjoyable but then again its a foundations course so we had to deal with hypothetical stuff in it. Not as many real applications as I would have liked it to have, so it quickly got boring. Idk this is probs just me though because I did an awesome eng course this sem and it demolished all over phys sem 1 stuff.

EDIT: by "I just look at the answers" I mean final end result that you need.
Tbh it's first year physics, nothing is going to be particularly that great in the course. I found it quite good myself but it's not as good or abstract as you would perceive it to be. It's a first year course that's meant to give you foundations afterall.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Tbh it's first year physics, nothing is going to be particularly that great in the course. I found it quite good myself but it's not as good or abstract as you would perceive it to be. It's a first year course that's meant to give you foundations afterall.
Yeah true.

I had my hopes up for nothing.

Well at least things will be ten times better in second year and above when nearly everything is just elec.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)