Phys1210... Advanced Physics tutoring (1 Viewer)

vitlim

HSC
I need serious tutoring for phys1210 lol i haven't done physics in yr12 and now the lecturer just talks gibberish :D e-mail me at limmy_1991@hotmail with any propositions.

kingham3689

HSC
Yeah the lecturer is nuts hey... Beleive me, there are a lot of us just sitting there going "whaaaaat!?". Especially last week, with the particle physics stuff, i think that scared the pants off of most of us.

The trick is going through it all at home, and spending some long, hard, hours trying to understand what hes going on about... Ive found its nearly the only way... Get nice and acquainted with that text book.

But a tutor would help, although i cant say i know of any im sorry.

Im going to spend most of the day tommorow trying to make sense of the last week's lectures... Theres no other way around it

shuttle_bus5

HSC
I need serious tutoring for phys1210 lol i haven't done physics in yr12 and now the lecturer just talks gibberish :D e-mail me at limmy_1991@hotmail with any propositions.
Put up some signs seeing if any 2nd or 3rd year physics students would be willing to tutour you for the right price

HSC
um we(phys 1200 ppl) got a list of names that were willing to tutor us. However im not sure if they can tutor you guys. If you want the list just tell me and i'll pm it to you.
but since phys1200 is like hsc physics 3 unit (when there was 3 unit)

shuttle_bus5

HSC
um we(phys 1200 ppl) got a list of names that were willing to tutor us. However im not sure if they can tutor you guys. If you want the list just tell me and i'll pm it to you.
but since phys1200 is like hsc physics 3 unit (when there was 3 unit)
Alot of my friends do phys1200 and from what ive seen 1200 is piss weak

HSC
compared to phys 1205, 1210
it pretty much is, but there was some stuff i didnt learn in high school, however im just pretty much referring to the test they gave us in the lab. i only got 31/50 :( which i thought was really bad cause i've slowly lost my physics knowledge over the months and they made us do differentiation of cos/sin stuff without a calculator and i was wdf since i didnt know how.

do your friends say its easy as well?

shuttle_bus5

HSC
compared to phys 1205, 1210
it pretty much is, but there was some stuff i didnt learn in high school, however im just pretty much referring to the test they gave us in the lab. i only got 31/50 :( which i thought was really bad cause i've slowly lost my physics knowledge over the months and they made us do differentiation of cos/sin stuff without a calculator and i was wdf since i didnt know how.

do your friends say its easy as well?
Yeahh that test was pretty challenging actually. My friends said it's easy but most of them did really well in physics at school thats expected. Im doing 1205 without having done physics in school and its challenging

HSC
i see, i only got a band 5 in physics, so im betting they got band 6's :D
1205 -> intergrated physics? i've heard its very mathematical based from my friend and yeh its pretty challenging as i've heard from him who did physics.
btw since u do civil, do you know a guy called Yasik?

shuttle_bus5

HSC
i see, i only got a band 5 in physics, so im betting they got band 6's :D
1205 -> intergrated physics? i've heard its very mathematical based from my friend and yeh its pretty challenging as i've heard from him who did physics.
btw since u do civil, do you know a guy called Yasik?
Yeah there is a fair bit of maths involved but I think that will work in my favour. What are you studying?
No sorry, don't know a Yasik.

HSC
B MRS (diagnostic radiography)
kk lol well just look for the most lankiest white guy and thats him :D

DanHickm

HSC
Don't worry, you are not alone. I didn't do physics in year 11 and 12, but I did do the bridging course. We didn't do much on particle physics or cosmology though, we did a fair bit on mechanics and nuclear physics. If you pick up a textbook you might find it helps, mine has been pretty handy since i've got it.

Maths on the other hand I am struggling with, does anyone know of any good tutors for it? I find in our tutorials we are not doing much and everyone is much more advanced than I am. I feel like I need one-on-one tutoring to assist me but I feel bad when I try and get the strangers in my class to try and help me, and I don't want to pull away the tutor from the rest of the class. I've looked at other people's working for answers and it tends to confuse me too.

So yeah.. if anyone knows of any good tutors for MATH1110 or where to find some, please help :p Thanks.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I *did* do physics, and 4u maths in yr 12, and I still found phys1210 to be very hectic. It's definitely something you have to take seriously; that shit is hard!

kingham3689

HSC
Actually since i first read this, the idea of having a tutor for physics1210 seems more and more appealing. This is getting hard, and by the sounds of what the lecturer was telling us this arvo, its going to get an awful lot harder really quickly.

So yes, does anyone know of any tutors for physics 1210?

DanHickm

HSC
Actually since i first read this, the idea of having a tutor for physics1210 seems more and more appealing. This is getting hard, and by the sounds of what the lecturer was telling us this arvo, its going to get an awful lot harder really quickly.

So yes, does anyone know of any tutors for physics 1210?
I can't help you with getting a tutor, but if you're wanting someone who can try and help out and do group study with.. I am up for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)