Physical Journeys Recommended Related Texts (1 Viewer)

pauralotter

HSC
The reason u cant do lord of the rings as a related text is because it is a prescribed text for the extension english course, therefore it cannot be used as it would give people who do extension an advantage as they study it in class.

k.middlebrook

HSC
shorteh said:
i desperatly need a poem for my related text.
it has to have something to do with one of
peter skrzynecki's poems

anyone got one!!
i need ur help!!!!!

elle. xx

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Does the assessment ask for that cos I got told that if your prescribe text was a poem then your related text could not be

HSC
skot said:
why shoud you analyse the music not the lyrics?? i thought the lyrics would what the listener relates to???? how is the music importnat in journey?
The lryics, anaylse the lyrics

christo89

HSC
We got recomended gainst using lord of the rings too..even tho itd fit in quite nicely...
Im doin Huck Finn and "the town wen time stands stil"..n in need of related material, i used the hobbit in the trials but wud prefer not to use it again..
Im thinking touching the void but i wudnt mind 2 related materials

kidbenji

HSC
i like to use songs as my related text. you can pretty much analyse them the same way as a poem, and theres an abundance of songs around that you can relate to physical journeys. heres a few

sharks in your mouth - i killed the prom queen
i am the highway - audioslave
the great disappointment - AFI

gezzill

HSC
Jesykka said:
Our english teacher told us it was probably better to avoid Lord of the Rings although she didn't explain why. Anyone with similar thoughts?
i think becuase too many people use it. markers like to see originality

DancePowerGal

HSC
hey i think im gunna do either breakaway by kelly clarkson or fox
coz my text thing is rabbit proof fence so fox would be more relevant

metz

HSC
N/A
does anyone no any feature acticals on pshycial journey that i can link bak to Felix Skyrzynecki:burn: plzzz

jkylk

HSC
Umm i'm doing Wizard of Oz for a related film text. Is anyone else doing this? I know this is imaginative, but it can be seen as a physical journey. It's our own intepretation.

If there are people who are doing it, where can we find notes on the 1939 movie?

floe

HSC
Stephie121 said:
Im using The Rabbits by Shaun Tan. Its a quality picture book says my teacher lol. and the series of novels by Dave Pelzer...
dnt u think that da series of novels of dave pelzer is a bit complicated conserdering that he has 3 books :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)