physics or chemistry (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I had a tool for a Physics techer and really didn't know what he was talking about so I went along and learnt everything on my own - ended up finishing the course first and I've got a good grasp on this year as well (after having him for the first term). Really, you do require a great teacher to enjoy the subject.

This is particularly true in the sciences for practical applications and if they have some qualities about them that you can relate to, they become really cool.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I like Physics. Relativity blew my mind! Awesome.

Chemistry, blowing stuff up - well, not really, we have Youtube lessons where we watch things like that though =P

If I had to pick one, the mathematician in me would win out - so Physics.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
HSC Phys and Chem are watered down mockeries of these noble schools of thought. Choose either, it doesn't matter, but keep in mind the courses are so easy and lack 99% of the interesting material that they should teach. If you pick chem, be prepared to hack 7 markers about "Effects of the use of ethanol on society"

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Did both, liked Chemistry more. tbh i didn't find the memorising that much more than physics. bio was like 100% memorising.

Chemistry also has a lot more pracs you get to do in real life, which was a weighing factor for me. Conversely, physics had a lot more calculations if thats your thing.

bemer

HSC
Did both, liked Chemistry more. tbh i didn't find the memorising that much more than physics. bio was like 100% memorising.

Chemistry also has a lot more pracs you get to do in real life, which was a weighing factor for me. Conversely, physics had a lot more calculations if thats your thing.
what did you end up getting in chem and physics?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)