• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Physics, the "I don't understand what's going on thread!" (1 Viewer)

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Haha, I'm going to assume that you do know what a Mock Trial is, competition where 12 people, 6 from each school, argue out a court case and the winner is determined by who was able to stay true to the script that they were given.
...yeh...I like totally new that. :lol:

Hey goodluck with the mock trial. Sounds fun :hammer:

P.S How does a mock trial work when you have to follow a script. :confused:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
I go to Patrician Brothers College Fairfield, and I alternate between solicitor and court officer.

That case must have been real boring. At my one, their first witness stuffed up big time and the second witness forgot their first witness's name :lol: Easy win there.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
:rofl: You're a funny one Shinigami! And good luck with your Mock trial too SoulSearcher :)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Haha, I'm going to assume that you do know what a Mock Trial is, competition where 12 people, 6 from each school, argue out a court case and the winner is determined by who was able to stay true to the script that they were given.
Hey what school are you from, my high school has two teams. I was going to be the solicitor but i decided not to because i was doing debating, school magazine, duke of ed, airforce cadets, amnesty.. so many extra curricular activites. But im a corut officer/magistrates assistant now :) i bludge. haha

About the mocktrial: The Mock Trial Competition is conducted by the Events Management Department of the Law Society and is partly funded by the Law Foundation of NSW. This Competition is a practical means of introducing students to the law and a means of improving the public's perception of the legal profession.

The Competition aims to introduce year 10 and 11 students to the law and to give them an understanding of the legal system that governs the society in which they live. The Law Society provides the teams with coaches and magistrates, together with a complete set of the case materials and competition manual. Coaches teach the students about court procedure and advocacy techniques. It is anticipated that only two to three hours of coaching will be needed before each trial, although it is up to each coach to decide the level of individual participation. The cases are confined to simple criminal and civil matters heard in the Local or District Court.

The Mock Trial Competition is also an ideal way for members of the legal profession to meet and become involved in their local community. The close involvement of the profession is an essential part of the Competition and is one of the major reasons for its success. The Law Society is indebted to Solicitors and Barristers in New South Wales and the ACT for providing the essential voluntary assistance required for the successful functioning of this program.

http://www.lawsociety.com.au/page.asp?partID=6600

There are no scripts shinigami, mock trial is like a real court battle full of boring statements and objections and questions. I can remember last week when one othe the barristers quoted laws, court cases and the constitution for 15 mins :(

Last edited:

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
I've gotten my Physics assessment over and done with. Phew :D

Easier than I thought. I didn't have enough time though so I just BS'd the last question about validity and reliablity.

honkyone

HSC
i do physics...i was so0o into it before year started...then i got a teacher that doesn't know the stuff and doesn't know how to explian the work...so now i've totally lost interest...and i have to cope by asking ppl that are so smart that they dont need a teacher to do physics @.@

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)