Physics vs Chemistry (1 Viewer)

interesting

HSC
N/A
Physics you MUST understand each concept as the modules somehow relate. Don't have to worry about formulas since they're given on a data sheet(someone confirm this)? but you need to know HOW to apply it.
Chemistry involves LOTSSSSS of memorization but i heard it gets more interesting in year 12 because you understand what's going on but again, you still got to do calculations etc.
Personally, i'd choose chemistry over it because i always liked chem more than physics. oh and chem scales higher, just saying.. :)

anne1010

HSC
physics. cause chemistry shit.
chemistry is filled with moles anyway...

jnney

lemon
HSC
It's really a personal preference. Usually people choose bio and chem, or chem and phy but very rarely phy and bio. I think that chemistry is a lot more interesting than physics in year 11. I found moles to be really easy.

Physics tests are a lot 'easier' than chem though, a lot of the concepts that are taught in the syllabus are not tested. Youll find that your school exams are very similar to the past papers from other schools.

That having said, chemistry tests werent that hard for me either.

Last edited:

jnney

lemon
HSC
Wait a second you dont even do chem..

Alkanes

HSC
That's what i said before. Confusing shit .

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, from what I've seen...Chemistry is very easy to learn compared to Physics. I would choose Chemistry over Physics any day.

imZerroo

HSC
the thing about physics is that it is so broad, it is impossible to understand every concept completely, and they don't expect you to anyway, but if you want to UNDERSTAND, then you have to do your own research, keep asking questions etc.
with chem, there is understanding, calculations, essay style questions, logic everything. its kinda like bio and physics combined :s if that makes sense.
if you're interested in chem and have a good logical sense, i advice you to do chemistry.
imo unlesss you LOVEEE physics, chem>physics.
hope that helps =]

maths lover

HSC
i also think that chemistry flows much better than physics, like the modules intertwine as oppose to physics in which modules are based on completely different things that in no way link. my 2cents anyways.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Physics guys for life! Personal preference I guess. It would be in your best interests human to approach some past students that have done both those subjects are ask them for their opinion on any sneaky things BOS/school can put in your examinations and assessments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)