Piercings and Tattoos (1 Viewer)

Piercings and Tats

• I have piercings (state how many/where)

Votes: 515 54.1%
  • I have tattoos (what/where)

Votes: 32 3.4%
  • I have piercings and tattoos

Votes: 69 7.2%
  • I have neither.

Votes: 336 35.3%

• Total voters

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
I haven't done any adjudicating - friends have though, i think it'd be real hard.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
AAAAAAAAAAARGH my cartilage piercing is infected -___-
so i put the original stud back in. it's kinda swollen. ergh

rumour

HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
That aside, how the hell do you do tricks with a ball on a stick that's been driven through your tongue? I can't think of any.
well, i guess its just something u had to see to believe!
you can do alot with it!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
so that's why my friend got it... :p
yeah i can't imagine getting my tongue pierced o_O such a thick layer....
my friend said after a meal she can still taste the food on her tongue stud (or whatever you call it). and she speaks with a very slight lisp now.
like with braces, you can tell when people have braces by how they talk, and when theyhave a ring by how they talk

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
I have braces - i don't think i have anything wrong with my speech. In actual fact i've had braces twice. Oh - well i guess i spit a fair bit when i talk.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by babyslug
I haven't done any adjudicating - friends have though, i think it'd be real hard.
It's not that hard when you know what to look for. Remember you're judging their method, not their content (unless it's irrelevant or something), so you're really looking at whether they put forward a more effective case.
Originally posted by bubz :D
AAAAAAAAAAARGH my cartilage piercing is infected -___-
so i put the original stud back in. it's kinda swollen. ergh
Sterilise it and see your doctor as soon as you can.
Originally posted by iambored
like with braces, you can tell when people have braces by how they talk, and when theyhave a ring by how they talk
I've freaked people out on the phone because of this. Sometimes you speak to them on the phone before you meet them, and they go nuts if you can tell they have braces without having seen them. :D
Originally posted by babyslug
I have braces - i don't think i have anything wrong with my speech. In actual fact i've had braces twice. Oh - well i guess i spit a fair bit when i talk.
You adapt to the changed shape of your mouth over time. It's much less noticeable in people who've had braces for years than in people who've only had them for a few weeks.

honkytonk

No, that's not quite true. It's more to do with the fluid nature of the "gum" (flavour+saliva) as it enters the stomach. Basically your stomach is filled up with spit and that's what you excrete. :p
sorry to bring this back up, but lol, thats funny shit! =p (that was a joke, right?) ...

actually, gums contain phenol-something-or-other, which is like phenolphthalein, you know one of those indicators used in chemistry. phenolphthalein is actually a laxative, and is similar to what those dudes put in laxatives, so if youre ever in a chem lab and feeling kinda clogged up...

anyway, to bring this back on topic, how much would a tattoo hurt? i walked past this tattoo salon once and this girl limped out, looking like she was in a lot of PAIN

bex

HSC
i want to get my nose done.. just a tiny stud in the corner on the left side... ive only got 1 hole in each ear otherwise

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
It's not that hard when you know what to look for. Remember you're judging their method, not their content (unless it's irrelevant or something), so you're really looking at whether they put forward a more effective case..
I have a friend thats adjudicating - we actually debated against each other back in highschool, anyway, she and i both agreed that marking went by method, manner, matter (or something) I remember being marked that way too.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Manner, Matter, Method! The fundamental tenets of Debating practice. :)

I remember when I was first taught that, waaay back in year four...

the last laugh
HSC
a lip ring would be interesting but i think i'll just stick with the fake clip-on ones.... :p

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
You are a teacher? Interesting!

Then again, I've seen similar on my teachers back at the Fort.
We are people too you know!!!
LOL
:)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yes yes, but I distinctly remember the way teachers tried to keep a mark of respectability by hiding anything about them that seemed deviant (like tattoos, alternate sexuality etc).

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Yes yes, but I distinctly remember the way teachers tried to keep a mark of respectability by hiding anything about them that seemed deviant (like tattoos, alternate sexuality etc).
LOL- too true, too true......

the last laugh
HSC
my italian teacher in primary school was a gay bikie :D everyone loved him. i miss him. he's HIV+ now :(

lol, random fact :p

anyway! my cartilage is still infected :( it's swollen. aergh.
my friends pierced their nails once, with that package you can buy. weiiiiiird....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)