Piercings at work (1 Viewer)

MissMadiD

HSC
I work at woolworths.
What is their rules about facial piercings?
All I want is a small nose stud. Would they allow it?

EDIT- What work places do allow you to have few piercings?

Last edited:

ay0_x

HSC
No. Nothing except earrings [max 2 each ear].

ay0_x

HSC
piercing shops.

hairdressing.

anything that sells anything illegal.

it's probably mostly places that don't serve food.

Shokujo

HSC
N/A
Woolworths - definitely don't allow facial peircings.. They are pretty strict with dress codes.. We even had the dress code posted up 3 times in the locker room, so we'd "get the point".. lol

Not too sure about places that let you wear them - I know at the bar I work at, they allow a small nose stud, but not much else, and definitely not for those people working with food.. but it's going to vary from place to place.

If you want a job where you can wear piercings at work, don't work at large stores dealing with customers, but look for a job in a smaller shop who may be more willing to be flexible

Kiim2507

HSC
JB Hi fi don't seem to strict about employees dress codes lol

I work in fast food and they're really strict. No facial piercings..you can't even have earings. Doesn't bother me though cos I never put my earings in anyway lol.

EDIT: You may be able to have one if you wear a clear stud at work..maybe ask your managers?

ay0_x

HSC
jb hi fi don't seem to strict about employees dress codes lol

i work in fast food and they're really strict. No facial piercings..you can't even have earings. Doesn't bother me though cos i never put my earings in anyway lol.

Edit: You may be able to have one if you wear a clear stud at work..maybe ask your managers?
haha the chick at parra yeah?

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Smaller stores would probably be more relaxed about it, and if you don't work with food it'd be much easier. I'm in clothing retail and all of my coworkers have a lot of piercings, it doesn't even raise an eyebrow with management.

Shokujo

HSC
N/A
EDIT: You may be able to have one if you wear a clear stud at work..maybe ask your managers?

Actually, most of the food places i know of will say that you may only have one sleeper in each ear... Studs are easier to lose the back of and fall into the food, whereas the sleeper stays in, as it's a hoop

EDIT - I just realised that you meant a clear stud in the nose, not the ears.. Any job around food wont allow that but other than that, it's up to the individual employer

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Boost juice allows facial piercings, but thats about the only fast food/retail store that allows it as afaik.

ajay12

Can count to potato
HSC
I don't think you are allowed to pierce at work. It would be pretty distracting for customers and difficult to do whilst serving customers.

ay0_x

HSC
lmao chick @ parra jb hi fi
piercings everywhere
purple hair

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)