Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (1 Viewer)

evenstar

ive seen it twice already. still amuses me. johnny depp is an amazing actor. he picks the eccentric roles because he doesnt fear being seen in that light. depp never wanted to be a teenage girl's dream, as orlando bloom is, and hated the idea of being a "consumer product". depp is talented and you can see that by the way he pulls off his scenes. the way he walked was funny as! he was charming too. i mean, look at the trailers and you think, 'mad, an action/adventure, with pirates and skeletons, i wanna see it.' you sorta expect good fighting and a good chase, but then you watch it and you laugh, like the chase and enjoy the fights and you just walk out thinking, johnny depp played a great character. without him, it would have been such a boring cliched movie. i was thinking about the plot and it was typical and boring, but depp just makes you go, ah, that was pretty good =)

bloom: "where's elizabeth?"
depp : "shes safe, just like i promised. she's all set to marry norrington, just like she promised. and you get to die for her, just like you promised. so we're all men of our word really except for elizabeth who is, in fact, a woman."

i'll never get over that line. =)

Fry

Originally posted by evenstar
without him, it would have been such a boring cliched movie. i was thinking about the plot and it was typical and boring, but depp just makes you go, ah, that was pretty good =)
yeah i agree, this movie would be NOTHING without Depp and it wouldnt be as funny. all the other characters were so serious..he provided all that swashbuckling, pirate-y goodness! but it was good how they put Jack and Will together to loosen him up a little.

i just saw it for the third time today. i saw the trailer last night on the tv and i was like, damn i just have to see this movie again! i love the scene when he first appears on screen stepping onto the deck as his ship was sinking...ahhh classic stuff ;)

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
I CAN'T BELIEVE SOME OF YOU EVEN CONSIDER THIS AS A MOVIE I CONSIDER THIS AS A TRASH

hehehe, finding nemo was quite good :)

evenstar

yeh, i wanna shake the hand of whoever thought of it. but there was a mistake...when you see the shot of him lifting his foot, he uses one foot, but when the shot switches to him stepping off, he uses the other =)

oh, and when he was doing the flying fox thing, his chains WERE long enough to be thrown into a loop which he held onto =)

evenstar

Originally posted by LaZy_KoReAn
I CAN'T BELIEVE SOME OF YOU EVEN CONSIDER THIS AS A MOVIE I CONSIDER THIS AS A TRASH

hehehe, finding nemo was quite good :)
we are entitled to our own opinions. we dont go about beating you down, dont do it to us. we dont degrade you, dont degrade us. all it shows is your lack of conseration for others. if you dont agree, go somewhere else, such as the finding nemo thread.

Fry

as if i would want to watch an animated movie...no matter how good it is..sorry not worth my $8.

you're the one doing the spamming, coming here and promoting another movie

evenstar

haha, yes. but there's nothing wrong with cartoons either. other than the fact that we are supposed to be talking about pirates here, not fish. =)

depp: "commandeer. were going to commandeer that ship. nautical term. one question about your business boy, or theres no use going. this girl, how far are you willing to go to save her?
bloom: "id die for her."
depp: "oh, good. no worries, then."

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I'm finally going to see my beautiful Orlando in PoTC tonight :D

evenstar

i did used to be in love with orlando bloom, but when next to johnny depp, i realised just how refined depp's features are.

then i realised that bloom's nose is a bit wonky. imagine it slightly straighter...wouldn't he be perfect then? *sighz* =)

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
i did used to be in love with orlando bloom, but when next to johnny depp, i realised just how refined depp's features are.

then i realised that bloom's nose is a bit wonky. imagine it slightly straighter...wouldn't he be perfect then? *sighz* =)
You know what, I never noticed that it was wonky - I just always thought (even though I don't like his appearance that much) that his forehead was verrrrrrry square...

"...impersonating a cleric of the Church" <--- that amused. In any holy names... HOW? :D

http://www.ondragonswing.com/ninjababe/quotes/POTCq.html
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0325980/quotes

Fry

thats because he broke his nose before and not to mention his back, legs, finger, rib, wrist, toe and cracked his skull 3 times. ouch!! personally, i dont get what people see in him. he's sooo....er, don't wanna piss people off so ill just say - not that attractive. im sure he's a nice guy and all but i just dont see it and believe me ive been there, i used to be into all those teenybopper dudes but now i guess ive matured. i bet most of you Orlando fans will get over him pretty soon.

evenstar

haha, i'm not a teenybopper... i like johnny depp mainly because he is such a great and versatile actor but his looks are a plus!

my sister is though and i cant stand her, although she isnt head over heels in love with any celebrities...

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I saw it last night and I loved it!!! Captain Barbossa & his crew scared the shit out of me, Jack Sparrow was such a smartarse and a cutie :D and Orlando Bloom...well, what can I say?

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
if you want to check your quotes (which i advise) you can do so at http://destined.to/quiver

if you find any corrections, please let me know. thanx =)
Heh. Took me ages to find the quote I have in my sig. Maybe you should have a scene listing? Anyway. Shall tell you if I can make any corrections when I get DVD (read: never). ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)