Pissed Off (1 Viewer)

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
OK, so on the PlatformWeb or whatever, I am not enrolled in ANY of my 4 subjects. And I was up until last Friday.
I called UWS about 5mins ago and was told the computer crashed last friday so that basically means most student datas got erased. And i need to register for Psychology tutorial at 2.00pm today but now i cant because the stupid computer doesnt even have my data.
So WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO DO NOW?! if i miss out on the tute i wanted all hell is going to break lose.
Did this happen to anyone else?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
If their computers crashed its more than likely that everyone elses records would have been deleted. Try again soon and ring up uws again and see what you can do. You might have to contact the unit coordinator for subjects and explain what happened and tell him or her what tutorials that you wanted. I don't understand why uws doesn't have a backup system or something.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
yeah i already called up and they said "theres nothing u can do about it...u might be lucky and still get the tutorial u want", and she said people are frantically trying to enter students datas in since friday.
But yeah, they said something about talking to the unit coordinator as well, but is that straight i know my tutorial is full or when the semester starts?

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Thats fucked. Ud think that after enrolling and paying so much 2 be there, they could at least have a reliable computer system, instead of one that just fucks ppl over while they say "sorry, u mite stil be lucky" Pretty pathetic

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You will know if your tutorial is full after the school is opened. Once they get all your units worked out, log on to tutorial registration and you will be able to see which tutorials are full and which aren't. For example, if a tutorial has 20 people in it, it will say 5/20 places left.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
people do switch tute times later, constantly look to see if there are places later

uwsstudent

HSC
there will be plenty of spaces later

after today psychology thing, we can always change tut time again, it won't be a problem at all, no worries

kag86

HSC
N/A
Yeah my units weren't up yesterday and i was worried cos i have to enroll for Psych tutes 2 but now they're up.... Check maybe yours are up too??!!!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I think every thread turns out to be an anger on uws admin :p

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
OK! THERES ONLY 5 SPOTS LEFT IN THE TUTE I WANT AND MY ENROLMENT DETAILS ARE STILL NOT UP. OMG effing hell

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Calm down. What you should do, is print off your blank page to show edvidence that you weren't enrolled in your subjects. Then organise a day to see your unit co-ordinator and he or she should put you into the tutorial that you want.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
oh, when i called up to explain my situation, the lady was so rude and impatient. i told her my details were up and correct last week and shes like "no they must hasnt have been" and im like "yes..they were" and shes like "no they werent". hello? i saw it with my own eyes more than once. dumb cow

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
hehe ... well its not funny, but that describes uws admin :p try to do what I said in the previous post, they would have to offer you a spot in a tut cause your subjects aren't enrolled yet. If not, sometimes you can just turn up to the tut that you want, and they will let you in.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
okay cool Thanks.
Itll be like "Hello! im not registered in this tute, but im staying! =]"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)