Pizza Hut Training Shift? (1 Viewer)

Raix

HSC
^ We don't really have dine in restaurants here. They all closed down so it's mostly just takeaway. Domino's and Eagleboys tend to dominate the pizza market here too xD

allira92

HSC
we take pride in knowing we are on in about 5 dine-ins still open

its about even it the pizza market between hut and dominos, we are all in the same shopping centre complex so you often get customers winging about somethin then proclaiming their going to dominos, thats when i tell them i couldnt care less lol

Raix

HSC
We just take everyone's advertising and coupons =D The manager was saying that we don't send out any flyers or anything or else we'll get too many customers and the shop's too small/not enough staff to handle. Even without advertising, we get a fair amount of people coming in.
But yeah, the store's tiny and there's heaps of other pizza places around, a lot of them are gourmet actually. I didn't even realize there was a PH there xD

The manager had a long conversation with a couple, the lady used to own a dine in pizza hut somewhere, it was out of town I think. And she was saying it was a big one, with a salad bar and everything but there just wasn't enough people coming in.

How do you usually talk to customers? I still need to improve on that. Like upselling and stuff. Gah, I'm really not used to it T_______________T

allira92

HSC
The manager had a long conversation with a couple, the lady used to own a dine in pizza hut somewhere, it was out of town I think. And she was saying it was a big one, with a salad bar and everything but there just wasn't enough people coming in.
Ha i'm sorry but i find this funny i dont know why tho...

How do you usually talk to customers? I still need to improve on that. Like upselling and stuff. Gah, I'm really not used to it T_______________T
i think it mostly comes with confidence and knowing what to talk about at the right time i guess, its experience but i've been there 2 years and i still get customers looking at me like i'm a freak when i talk about something...
with upselling, the best way to do it is if say they order 2 pizza, then u say ahem *cough cough* " for an extra 3 dollars, you can get the classic meal deal which comes with garlic bread and a pepsi" or when they finish saying their pizza's ask if they want any gb with that or such...

I only know of 1 dine in pizza hut in Sydney :(
Oh wait actually 2
One in the west and one near the northern beaches.
that i know of, there's one in windsor, george st, maitland and lakehaven in nsw but i'm sure there's a couple more somewhere... how sad am i...

soap~

Legal Eagle
HSC
Managers and the like should be able to help you with upselling, but it's really just something you'll pick up with practice.

Some good guidelines to stick by are suggesting a specific product, state the price when you offer it and when thinking of a product to upsell, make it attractive (ie, so that it fits in with what they've already ordered -- there's no point trying to sell a big tray of pasta to some guy who's come in for 1 pizza.)

Good combinations to look out for is when the product you suggest will make their order cheaper or of significant greater value. eg, Customer has ordered 2 pizzas and a garlic bread, offer a drink and it'll make the order 90c less.

From memory there's about 7 restaurants left in NSW -- George St Sydney, St Andrews, Lake Haven, Green Hills/East Maitland, Mt Druitt, Guildford and Orange.

Last edited:

Raix

HSC
Thanks guys =)
Do you take phone calls too? Our store's gonna start getting calls straight in this week and I know that a lot of the orders come through phone so I'm kinda ehhh. There's only 2 of us at the front and there's gonna be 3 phones. We're getting one or two more people in though. Such a tiny store I dunno if we'll fit xD

So busy last 2 days, a lot of the pizzas were late and we had a lot uneaten pizzas and garlic breads. Took two pizzas and a gb home today. =S

McLovin

HSC
My first day of delivering was as casual as it gets, I just wore black shorts and a casual shirt that was replaced by the pizza hut shirt on the first shift, easy training, but I guess delivering pizzas is the easiest job in the world, or at least up there amongst the pack.

allira92

HSC
Thanks guys =)
Do you take phone calls too? Our store's gonna start getting calls straight in this week and I know that a lot of the orders come through phone so I'm kinda ehhh. There's only 2 of us at the front and there's gonna be 3 phones. We're getting one or two more people in though. Such a tiny store I dunno if we'll fit xD

So busy last 2 days, a lot of the pizzas were late and we had a lot uneaten pizzas and garlic breads. Took two pizzas and a gb home today. =S
no, we go thru the call centre cause were too busy and we have crazy people calling as it is. you would find that i although there are heaps of orders on the phone, a lot of them are internet orders as well. what store/area do u work in if u dont mind me asking?

yes, get used to the freebies lol i scored a more for all the other week lol

Raix

HSC
Yay freebies. i'm actually in Perth so yeah, one of the stores there =) There's not many left here.

sach1990

HSC
im working at KFC now so im part of the family.

in my first shift i did jack shit :( just had to modules and still got more to do. im getting paid to do jack shit, already.

Raix

HSC

in my first shift i did jack shit :( just had to modules and still got more to do. im getting paid to do jack shit, already.
I just finished my modules. The manager just let me do the certification quizzes and went over all the other info instead of making me fill every question in. Did it whenever there were no customers around xD What are you doing at KFC?

sach1990

HSC
well here at kfc they want me to complete all the modules before i start doing work. today from 10am-5pm ive been doing those modules !! and this was my second shift! only got one more. i know i get paid for these shifts but i cant wait to start working

i, at the front, will be serving customers very soon:)

sach1990

HSC
well here at kfc they want me to complete all the modules before i start doing work. today from 10am-5pm ive been doing those modules !! and this was my second shift! only got one more. i know i get paid for these shifts but i cant wait to start working

i, at the front, will be serving customers very soon:)

Raix

HSC
It's good you actually want to work haha

I think it's cause it's such a small store and they need everyone instore to do pizzas that they wanted me to get into working. It's probably faster to learn that way too. although the modules of course really help with how you should respond and what to do when..blahblahblah. haha

wow. 5 hours just doing modules @_@ Make sure you don't become one of those super crappy workers that get sick of what they're doing and don't bother trying anymore.

allira92

HSC
Yay freebies. i'm actually in Perth so yeah, one of the stores there =) There's not many left here.
well then lol

welcome to YUM! lol

i think i did half of my modules on the training session and then i came in one morning and did the other half once i had been working there a bit. but our modules consist of 'here, here is whoevers book, copy out of that" lol

sach1990

HSC
yeah im on training obviously. with my modules they actually went through my answers and corrected every single wrong answers. lol. serious business here.

Raix

HSC
Just got my payslip for the last week and the boss didn't put in the hours I did for a day, so I got less than I should've. It's fine for me to ask what's up right? Cause usually it's all good. =S

allira92

HSC
Just got my payslip for the last week and the boss didn't put in the hours I did for a day, so I got less than I should've. It's fine for me to ask what's up right? Cause usually it's all good. =S
yeah of course it is, they should be able to check it against the book or roster to see your shifts. did you remember to clock on? lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)