Places that are looking for people (1 Viewer)

hero.

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I've been a NEET for some time now and I want to get a job however I dont feel like asking every store if their looking for people at this time unless they do have some sort of sign outside their store.

So know any places that are looking for people to work for them during this time or forever?

EDIT: Preferably, places that are at Parramatta to places in the city

Last edited:

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Do what I did, think of the stores in a centre near you eg. JB HI FI, Target etc etc, then look on their careers page for available jobs. A few sites list the actual positions that are available at the moment so yes...then apply for them lol

Worked for me anyway

hero.

HSC
N/A
jodi..1 said:
Do what I did, think of the stores in a centre near you eg. JB HI FI, Target etc etc, then look on their careers page for available jobs. A few sites list the actual positions that are available at the moment so yes...then apply for them lol

Worked for me anyway
I've had a look at sites of stores but they dont have any positions avaliable.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Have you merely walked through your local shopping centre or Westfield and had a look? Even at this time of the year (when they should have finished hiring for the Christmas period), I still see some "casual positions available" signs. If you're willing to work over such a geography as from Parramatta to the city you could always just do a train hop and drop in resumes at every place you see.

hero.

HSC
N/A
So you are saying that even though they dont have a sign outside their shop, that I go in and hand them my resume ??

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
yea some people do that, but i think that's a waste of time.

look for places where they are actually hiring, more often than not you'll get a job.

hero.

HSC
N/A
wuddie said:
yea some people do that, but i think that's a waste of time.

look for places where they are actually hiring, more often than not you'll get a job.
I've had a look around shops and stuff but it's more or less clothing shops for females that are still hiring. Guess I should have went looking a month ago instead of this week.

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
my work is alllllways looking for people (parramatta leagues club)

though they preeeetty much only hire asians these days

lala2

Banned
HSC
hero. said:
So you are saying that even though they dont have a sign outside their shop, that I go in and hand them my resume ??
Sorry, I should have made myself clear. Drop in resumes only at places with hiring signs. If you were to do a train hop I'm sure that, unless you're really unlucky or the inner west has a high level of Xmas employment, you'd encounter a few places with still hiring signs.

hero.

HSC
N/A
lala2 said:
Sorry, I should have made myself clear. Drop in resumes only at places with hiring signs. If you were to do a train hop I'm sure that, unless you're really unlucky or the inner west has a high level of Xmas employment, you'd encounter a few places with still hiring signs.
Yeah well, not too many places are hiring and the only places I've seen that were still hiring were clothing stores for females

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
are you really desperate for any work?

i know one place that will definitely take anyone on, but it is a very mentally challenging job. pm me.

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
wuddie said:
are you really desperate for any work?

i know one place that will definitely take anyone on, but it is a very mentally challenging job. pm me.
oat runner?

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
Apply for woolies, coles, big W, all those? they have constant recruitment and you can do it online.

And as for the only places hiring being girls clothes shops, what's wrong with that?

Oh, and Tandy and Dick Smith's have online applications too.

hero.

HSC
N/A
Lizakith said:
Apply for woolies, coles, big W, all those? they have constant recruitment and you can do it online.

And as for the only places hiring being girls clothes shops, what's wrong with that?

Oh, and Tandy and Dick Smith's have online applications too.
Let's see, I'm not a girl and therefore I have no knowledge of female clothing

T

Testpilot

Its not hard, just tell the customer what they want to hear. i.e. what they've just tried on makes them look hot etc.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
woolies, coles, big w, any major supermarket, officeworks, clothing stores, receptionist, telemarketing, etc etc.
if you live around parra it should be fairly easy to find something. the westfield there is massive, have a wander and you should have a job offer of some kind by the end of it, i reckon.
if you're up to it (i wouldn't do it, but i'm a weak female), you could head out west a bit and get yourself a mushroom picking/farmhand job. they're advertised all the time and they'll take anyone willing. seems like a pretty shit job but the pay isn't that bad.

T

trolloutaface

The new coles in Rouse Hill are still looking for people cos it's a new shopping mall and they don't have enough workers yet. they will accept you even if you don't have enough experience......cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)