Places to Wine and Dine (1 Viewer)

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
Know of any top restaurants? Post the name of the restaurant, the atmosphere (steakhouse/seafood/asian), and location today! And receive your FREE carry pouch! (First 30 callers only)

Last edited:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
theres a whole strip of restaurants on king st in newtown. now wheres my pouch!

cakes

hi
HSC
yeah!! goooood gooood thai food on king street! really cheap as well! i got told to go to this restaurant called Suan-I San.. anyone been there? any good?

pancakes on the rocks in the little arcade thingy at the rocks is always a winner :D it's ummm casual and fun and yummy..

Wolfie's - circular quay west is pretty good too, i guess you're really paying for the harbour view

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
Originally posted by cakes
yeah!! goooood gooood thai food on king street! really cheap as well! i got told to go to this restaurant called Suan-I San.. anyone been there? any good?
hey cakes!
yeh ive been to that one, you can sit on the floor its so much fun!! except the pillow things are a bit silly. still, the novelty is worth it. the food is really nice, but i couldnt tell you if it was good value or not, i wasnt paying. the other thai place i like on king st is Doy Tao (ive said this in so many threads already :p )

cakes

hi
HSC
Originally posted by virgin^sexy
hey cakes!
yeh ive been to that one, you can sit on the floor its so much fun!! except the pillow things are a bit silly. still, the novelty is worth it. the food is really nice, but i couldnt tell you if it was good value or not, i wasnt paying. the other thai place i like on king st is Doy Tao (ive said this in so many threads already :p )
aww coool!!! i wanna go now!!
yeah i heard the food is "real" thai food, as in, thai food for thais!! it's apparently really really cheap... as in, you can get an entree and a main for under $20!
do you know if it's BYO?

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
Originally posted by reynaldo
Subway in Baulkham Hills is pretty good
Oh yeah, you can certainly wine and dine at Subway :)

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
Originally posted by cakes
aww coool!!! i wanna go now!!
yeah i heard the food is "real" thai food, as in, thai food for thais!! it's apparently really really cheap... as in, you can get an entree and a main for under $20!
do you know if it's BYO?
yeh its really really nice food! like i said, no idea about prices, and no idea about it being BYO im afraid.. sorry!!

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
Thai Banquet - Liverpool. Good Thai food there, that is pretty good if you ask me. It's BYO, entrees starting at $8, mains from $12, and desserts from $5

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
you know what i think is funny! like, 2 or 3 years ago, i hadnt even tried thai food, i didnt know of any thai restaurants or anything. now they are everywhere and i loooooooooooove it!! did it just pop up out of nowhere? or was i just under a rock or something?

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
marrickville.....the thai restaurant?? thai hung i thing its called...or thuong huang or something like that but hell its cheap and it tastes heavenly!!

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
i think thai did just get really big all of a sudden

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Capitan Torres, Liverpool St (City)

Helps if you speak Spanish, but you don't have to. They're just so much more chatty if you do. :)

Last edited:

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Capitan Torres, Liverpool St (City)

Helps if you speak Spannish, but you don't have to. They're just so much more chatty if you do. :)
gracias amigo

'Bai Tinh' is a nice Vietnamese place in Marrickville.. VERY popular, head chef is somewhat of a celebrity in the home country, apparently..

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Jordans at Darling Harbour. Good food and drinks. The dessert is also excellent :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Not REAL Spanish. It's like dirty Spanish (but a bit better than broken), because stupid speech pathologist of the 80s told my parents not to use languages other than English on me [stab]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)