Plagiarism in hsc exams? (1 Viewer)

p3rf3ction

HSC
LOL, you guys are trolling the dude out way too hard, or you're really trying to disservice him. Unless you blatantly rip a creative or an essay for english, memorising short answers and re writing them or hell, even re writing some paragraphs in english essays won't risk you anything. Experience > Theory.

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
LOL, you guys are trolling the dude out way too hard, or you're really trying to disservice him. Unless you blatantly rip a creative or an essay for english, memorising short answers and re writing them or hell, even re writing some paragraphs in english essays won't risk you anything. Experience > Theory.
+ 1

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
It's only plagiarism if you get caught ;)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Plagiarism is using other's ideas and saying that it is yours.

Rohanco

HSC
why would you bother remembering a bunch of short answers anyway? Short answers are piss easy anyway, just BS it.

Hila

HSC
my legal teacher says its not because you can't cite sources in exam conditions :p

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Stop ROTE learning. Just understand the concept and you will never be able to plagiarise.

Hypem

HSC
What about a case of multiple discovery/invention, where two or more people independently come up with the same idea?

I'm sure it happens plenty of times in the HSC where definitions come close to being word for word, or exactly word for word.

ZackXXT

HSC
Are you sure?

I mean, take business studies for example.... Suppose you were answering a short responses question and you provided a definition from your text-book.... which is where you learn everything for business... How can that be plagiarism?

ZackXXT

HSC
Well I guess your right... been doing some reading. I always thought that if it were in your mind and you were in an exam room... any knowledge you have that you put on a piece of paper would not be considered plagiarism.... Also the comment the BOS made saying they structure questions so pre-prepared answers don't work.... That is wrong it is pretty easy to structure a response and memorize it that can be slightly altered to fit the question...

Pisses me off though, I memorize just about everything and it remains with me word for word - works to, you tend to understand things better when you read and write them repetitively.

(Mainly pisses me off because I hate English and was considering rote learning a past HSC Band 6 imaginative writing piece because I couldn't be fucked being imaginative)

It sticks.

Last edited:

ZackXXT

HSC
Well I wont be plagiarizing that is for sure! Will stick to my own original creative writing piece - which I have had checked multiple times by my teacher. I was just considering take that alternative route as it seemed like a free 15 marks... its plagiarism though - to good to be true :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)