Plans for starting Year 12 in a few months? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
argghh i have to keep physics now
really dont want to do it but fucking parents are making me...
but then again recently i've been doing shit in modern
source analysis >_<

and as for legal = 10 times more content than modern...

plus i only wanna do 12 units so i might not take up extension history or music if i do 4U maths...

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
argghh i have to keep physics now
really dont want to do it but fucking parents are making me...
but then again recently i've been doing shit in modern
source analysis >_<

and as for legal = 10 times more content than modern...

plus i only wanna do 12 units so i might not take up extension history or music if i do 4U maths...
Dude, it's your HSC.

Fake-Name

HSC
A lot of people are dropping subjects!

I'm debating to drop IPT, simply because my teacher sucks and I heard that it scales poorly, so it seems really hard for me to get a decent (above 70) mark in it.

I'm planning on doing Extension 2 English and Extension history, so it should be all good.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
A lot of people are dropping subjects!

I'm debating to drop IPT, simply because my teacher sucks and I heard that it scales poorly, so it seems really hard for me to get a decent (above 70) mark in it.

I'm planning on doing Extension 2 English and Extension history, so it should be all good.
Have fun with your General Maths.

Schoey93

HSC
My plans for Year 12 (if I don't leave school before then):
- Take up Italian Extension
- Take 14 units in term 4 of 2010
- Make summaries of the first topics of Biology, Legal Studies and Studies of Religion I in the holidays
- If 14 units is too much, drop Legal Studies in term 1 of 2011 even though I like it, because it will free up a lot of time for Italian and because dropping it gives me every Wednesday afternoon off.

Last edited:

alax dillon

HSC
I hear that living on the street is fun, just an FYI
definitely isnt. wouldnt recommend it.

when i started year twelve, i dropped physics, chemistry and two unit maths, and i picked up general maths and extension english two.

musing

HSC

when i started year twelve, i dropped physics, chemistry and two unit maths, and i picked up general maths and extension english two.
Have you lived on the streets?

Existential

HSC
N/A

and you were left with how many units?

general maths.....yuk.

Salliea

HSC
Before year 12 - Get my horrible scores up :angry:
Year 12 - Drop legal Studies and maintain a satisfying rank and mark ><

Schoey93

HSC
Change of plans
- Take up Italian Extension thru Open High School, Randwick
- Take 12 units in term 4 of 2010, dropping Legal Studies to give me every Wednesday afternoon off
- Complete a pathology short course (Statement of Attainment in Pathology Specimen Collection) to enable me to practise as a phlebotomist (a person employed to take blood samples for pathology labs or for donation to the critically ill patients in ICU and ED)
- Work as a phlebotomist throughout Year 12 to save enough money to enable me to visit Italy, Spain and France in December 2011 - February 2012.

timinator1993

HSC
im kinda torn - i really want to do maths but my 1/2 yearly mark wasnt so good, but IPT is just so shit and i really wanna do that, the only way that can happen though is if my maths mark picks up.

HSC
Uni Grad
i know loads of people that their parents control everything in their HSC.
I hate it how parents control their child's fate in the HSC, even if it might seem to be a benefit for them...
My mom is making me keep physics because they state that for actuarial studies uni's would prefer science takers over students who don't take science...
it seems like complete bullshit to me because actuarial studies doesn't even require science (apart from maths ofc) and it's not really related at all...

I'll only be keeping it if it's not my lowest subject, otherwise I'll really have to encourage my parents to let me drop it... >_<

Existential

HSC
N/A
General and 2unit. Yuck
hey, you have to do 2 unit to do three and four - so please address your criticisms to general maths only (and that pathetic applied course).

i'll start:

general maths should be non-ATAR! >:]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)