• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

platonic relationships... (2 Viewers)

PrettyVacant

HSC
it's weird that I let boys who mean a lot less to me do that...
Geez, really? He's your COUSIN.

Your relatives mean a lot to you, but would you ever have sex with them? No. Pfft. Invalid.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I think you should have gone for it, your cousin needs sex too.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
LOL at the suggestion of talking to them about it.

This is one of those things where you back away completely and never mention AGAIN.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Platonic relationships exsist. Just not with teenage boys.

And yes never mention it ever again

munchybuddy

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
LOL at the suggestion of talking to them about it.

This is one of those things where you back away completely and never mention AGAIN.
I would probably agree wid that....................

Just try and go back to the way it was, totally ignore what happened and see if everythin is ok

If it is not , then maybe consider talking to him....

JUST REMEMBER, HE IS PROBABLY FEELING 100X MORE EMBARRASSED AND ASHAMED THAN U

ps- but i wouldnt tel ne 1 else bout it, especially family. it would just make it even more weird and awkward

T

Testpilot

Here's some advice:

Last year in my business studies class some girl told the class that she kissed (as in hooked up, not the kiss you're oblidged to give family on the cheek etc) with her cousin but "it was ok because they weren't blood related". Well after the teacher proved that they were blood related everybody's opinion of her dropped.

My advice is don't tell anyone. But seeing as how you've already told the internet and people can find out anything they want to know about you; I guess my advice is void.

Season

HSC
On my mum's side I do know of a married couple that are first cousins... they're kids are normal... but its sort of a joke in the family.

Hmm back to ur original logic, just because one of the people who you considered a friend ended up kissing u, doesn't mean that platonic relationships don't exist. Most likely he was 9/10 asleep was not thinking.

Loza33

HSC
Ok, on the topic of platonic relatnioships i have an issue/story

Before i went to boarding school i two male best friends - B and G... i left them and went to school but we were still heaps close...

At boarding school i also have three best male friends...

Noe of these i have been or wanted to be more than friends with!

around feburary last year B and i had massive fight... over something silly and didnt talk until december.. doent seem like that long, but when you have known everything about someone and been together as friends for 3 years, that sudden distance makes it seem like a lifetime!

Anyhoo.. we started to become friends again ad have briefly seen each other since, and started to become close again... last night, for old times sake, we got our close group back together (all four of us!) and had adrinking session... lots of alcohol, then we went to the pub, got home at about 5 am... all had seemed normal... there was no unusual chemistry or flirting...

So we get home and G goes to sleep.. him having a double bed and B having a single i figure ill just sleep in G... but alas, B asked me "can you sleep here with me so i have someone to cuddle?" seemed logical enough..

Well, the 'cuddle' turned into a little more... and it wasnt awakward at all... even this morning it wasnt awkward... all dayy we acted as if it was normal, nothing had happened and then everyone was pretty dead by about 4ish so we had another kip.. and somehow we ended up together again.. still drunk and drinknig.. but more sober...

WHAT THE HELL??

This is crazy!! as i said before, for 3 years we were best friends, we knew everything there was to knowa bout each other, we stayed at each others houses most nights and we helped each ohter through several break ups...

Where has this come from?

What do i do now??

I'm pretty sure i dont want anything, and i dont think he does, but it has freaked me out because it felt so right.. so normal... surely it shouldnt have? Kissing him tonight, felt as if i had been kising him forever..

We had only just started to get our friendship back together.. i dont want ot ruin it..

HELP!!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
That was a shit story, much longer than it needed to be. This line sums up your problem though:

Loza33 said:
...it felt so right..
There you go, that's your answer. Seriously, stop being a bitch about it and over-analysing it. If you're having fun, just go with it!

northstate

HSC
N/A
Loza33 said:
Well, the 'cuddle' turned into a little more... and it wasnt awakward at all... even this morning it wasnt awkward... all dayy we acted as if it was normal
Yeah that's find of how it was for me... I definitely didn't want anything from my cousin but it was still nice. As you aren't related to your guy, then I say go for it as long as you are having fun

No I'm not from class of 2006 but feel free to ask me my full name address phone number etc to whoever asked :rolleyes:

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
getting back to inbreeding and kissing cousins...

i suggest you don't get drunk at any family events just incase this stroy comes out!
If you do, invite a BOS member with video cam so we can youTube it...

For those of you who are wondering, I believe it is legal for third cousins and after to be married. If you feel tempted, carry around a phot of the royal family with you to see how bad things can get (those "abnormally large" *read: overformed due to inbreeding* ears that run in the family!)

northstate

HSC
N/A
Nashie said:
For those of you who are wondering, I believe it is legal for third cousins and after to be married

http://www.consang.net/summary/01AHBWeb3.pdf said:
first cousin marriages are legal in countries such as the U.K. and Australia
http://www.cousincouples.com/?page=facts said:
No European country prohibits marriage between first cousins. It is also legal throughout Canada and Mexico to marry your cousin. The U.S. is the only western country with cousin marriage restrictions.
wikipedia said:
Catholic Church's ban on marriage within the fourth degree of relationship (third cousins) lasted from 1550 to 1917
so it's not clear to me whether it still exists...

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
It doesnt. Pretty sure cousin marrigages have never been illegal in australia, that catholic church ban means nothing because our government is secular. They are legal in alot of american states... genetically incest isnt bad, its just a social stigma[and indeed, in other countries cousin/cousin isnt even seen as incest]

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
Incest is bad, genetically. If something recessive (like haemophilia, in the classic example) runs in the family and two of them have children together, they run a higher than normal risk of being born with the two recessive genes and thus that genetic abnormality. It stops outside genes from mixing up the pool, and the risk increases dramatically the more the generations inbreed.

northstate

HSC
N/A
For the argument we are talking about relationships between cousins, so here is wikipedia's contribution

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_couple said:
...The increased risk for first cousins is only between 1.7 to 2.8 percent on top of the base risk of about 3%, or about the same as any woman over 40 years of age. To put it another way, first-cousin marriages entail roughly the same increased risk of abnormality that a woman undertakes when she gives birth at 41 (roughly 6%) rather than at 30 (roughly 3%).

Season

HSC
Yeah its definitely legal, my mum's cousin married her cousin (on the other side).

But be warned your family will never EVER EVER EVER stop teasing you about it, but seriously most people think their families are screwed up enough and marry to get away from that... why would you marry into your own family... that's just stupid

'Hi evil mother in law... i mean aunty rose...'

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Strawbaby said:
Incest is bad, genetically. If something recessive (like haemophilia, in the classic example) runs in the family and two of them have children together, they run a higher than normal risk of being born with the two recessive genes and thus that genetic abnormality. It stops outside genes from mixing up the pool, and the risk increases dramatically the more the generations inbreed.
that example is actually pretty poor, because hameophilia is a rare condition that hardly anyone is going to have as a recesive gene. Incest also works in the positive direction by speeding along genetic evolution. Recesive genes that are improvements have a chance to show. In the long run its actually more beneficial, not to mention what someone allready said about cousins, they are only a teensy bit genetically closer than a complete random stranger anyway.

What i meant as a social barrier is that forming relationships with your kin is not a good idea because you are limiting the amount of family you have [instead of bringing someone new into the family] so thats less people to look out for you. If it doesnt work out, then you basically enstranged half your family. Its a bad idea almost all the time, but not because of genetics.If a global catastrpohy happened, e.g an astroid hit the eartt, to start a genetically viable population you only need 2 people , one if the woman is pregnant. Think about that. Its actually been done before, if you own a guinea pig its probably a decendant from a single pregnant female that was found about 80 years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)