• I used to play but I don't anymore

Votes: 81 28.0%
  • No, but I wish I could

Votes: 56 19.4%

• Total voters

turntaker

HSC
#stereotypemuch
BRO DO YOU FOLLOW MY EVERY POST, that's kind of creepy. My parents forced my to play violin when I was 8 but now I don't play violin cause i quit when i was 10. But now I play guitar, drums piano and bass

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
BRO DO YOU FOLLOW MY EVERY POST, that's kind of creepy. My parents forced my to play violin when I was 8 but now I don't play violin cause i quit when i was 10. But now I play guitar, drums piano and bass
Why u so agro?

Kymren

HSC
I play saxophone and piano. I started sax in year 1, and my dad, who's a music teacher at me school said I had to have some keyboard skill.
I get forced to practice every afternoon, and I hated it, until I started to get really good, and better than everyone else in the school.
I have give up classical piano and now only play jazz and modern, it's so much fun.
My advice to anyone would be to stick to it. start with classical to develop the skills and then play what you want!

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
river flows in you by yiruma, my favourite song to play since year 9

celina_anya24

HSC
Though I was never forced to play, I find it as a stress reliever too! I love playing piano! I just started professionally playing last year. I havent actually played anything by sheets mostly Youtube. But I want to! Piano and guitar are like my source of entertainment in my free time :)

MrTammoth

HSC
i play LoL now. It's a better way to relieve stress because if you lose you can vent so much that you feel like you're on top of the world and you can pulverise the opposing team by verbal abuse. It's amazing trust me. Also if you're winning the game, when you're about to "kill the nexus" also type "EZPZ" "So easy" "So close" "closest game i've ever played (but really you yourself and your team has not even lost a tower)" "Plez delete your account, uninstall immediately". These precious quotes can only be used if you're about to win the game because it accumulates the sense of victory which you will love and desire.

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
i play LoL now. It's a better way to relieve stress because if you lose you can vent so much that you feel like you're on top of the world and you can pulverise the opposing team by verbal abuse. It's amazing trust me. Also if you're winning the game, when you're about to "kill the nexus" also type "EZPZ" "So easy" "So close" "closest game i've ever played (but really you yourself and your team has not even lost a tower)" "Plez delete your account, uninstall immediately". These precious quotes can only be used if you're about to win the game because it accumulates the sense of victory which you will love and desire.
Sounds like ObliviousNinja

MrTammoth

HSC
Sounds like ObliviousNinja
i can not comprehend such wacky tacky name. Who calls themselves Obliviousninja? i think that is very ironic, ninja are not oblivious. Mrtammoth is such a beautiful name with such rep.

celadoncity

HSC
I got up to grade 6 formally and quit, but I kept teaching myself up to grade 7. I still play cos I really like it
And it was my choice to start but once I did I felt parental pressure to keep going haha.

kentolol

HSC
N/A
I started when I was 6 years old. My mum wanted me to do it, and for 2 and a half years she kept pressuring me to play the piano. After that, she stopped, and told me it was ok to quit when you want to. But, that had an opposite effect on me, and I began to feel guilty about the idea of quitting, so I stuck with it, even though at times I really wanted to quit. But then I discovered game and film (soundtrack) music, which motivated me to keep playing. Now, 11 years into it, I am learning songs from Final Fantasy 7 & Kingdom Hearts, which I thoroughly enjoy (I'm a bit of a fanboy, haha). I've been classically trained and even though I tend to stay away from classical pieces, the songs I play require specific skills taught to me in my classical training. I guess everyone decides whether they quit or they stay with piano (or any instrument) simply out of enjoyment; whether they receive a sense of accomplishment or happiness really is a deciding factor regarding this. I think this is also why many people regret quitting playing their instrument, or are thankful they were pressured into sticking with it when music becomes a part of their careers, and by extension, their lives.

britaker

HSC
I was forced to when I was 6 and carried it through until I was 17. Damn Asian parents.

Unfortunately enough for me I only started liking the piano during the end of year 10 (when I quit during the beginning year 12) as up until that point I had to do the "grades". Once I could choose the songs I wanted to play (i.e. Bach and more Bach) it became a lot more fun :3

bigmaggie

HSC
N/A
I always want to play music instruments when I was a kid and I told my mom to enroll me to a music school but she didn't do that. I really love to learn piano and some instruments like guitar, bass and drums. When I was 7 year old my mom bought me a piano/keyboard as a birthday present and that is the time I learn to play piano.

tofusenpai

HSC
I wasn't forced to play but I kinda learned by myself in primary school like chopsticks (shameful) and the beginning of fur elise from this feature on my sister's keyboard where you press the keys glowing red and I learnt twinkle twinkle little star by ear but I couldn't read notes. In year 7 I took legit lessons for one year and then I just played the songs I just wanted to do so I didn't do grades or anything like that. I can only play a few and I can read notes just that I lack motivation and I find some pieces difficult to play left and right together (Can't play very fast). I play piano often for 'emotional therapy' haha if you get what I mean or nah

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I wasn't forced to play but I kinda learned by myself in primary school like chopsticks (shameful) and the beginning of fur elise from this feature on my sister's keyboard where you press the keys glowing red and I learnt twinkle twinkle little star by ear but I couldn't read notes. In year 7 I took legit lessons for one year and then I just played the songs I just wanted to do so I didn't do grades or anything like that. I can only play a few and I can read notes just that I lack motivation and I find some pieces difficult to play left and right together (Can't play very fast). I play piano often for 'emotional therapy' haha if you get what I mean or nah
I get what you mean :D

It is kind of a stress reliving thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)