Please give me some advice (1 Viewer)

jeremydang

HSC
N/A
This is what I have achieved after my trials, some ranks are still changing but I will mention them in the section below

Maths ext 1: 4-5/40
Maths ext 2: 2/4
English Standard: 5-6/106
Chemistry: 1-2/15
Vietnamese 1/40 ( possibly getting state rank for this)
My school rank is around the 200-250 mark which varies from year to year, however, according to the deputy principle my year is doing exceptionally well across all subjects

These ranks are pretty decent I guess. Also I am applying for eng at UNSW as an international student, what are my chances of getting a ATAR higher than 88 for the course ( My ATAR cut off is a bit lower )? Can I ever get to 95 if I try harder in my HSC examination?

aaron_s

HSC
With those ranks definitely. Just try to maintain that rank in Standard English because it scales really bad if you dont go good.

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
What is the difference? I heard how only a very small % can get band 6 in standard english - is that due to aligning?
Yes. Aligning is for hsc and scaling is for atar basically.

jeremydang

HSC
N/A
I always wanted to do ESL but there weren't enough students at the time in my school to actually start a course, ended up in Standard English becoz Advanced sounds scary to me. Though I am very disappointed now that English is dragging me down significantly, I could have done so much in another language or an extra science. I guess that the only reason I am doing well in that course is the laziness and stupidity of the majority of my cohort, people who won't even spend time reading their texts and doesn't know how to write an essay

jeremydang

HSC
N/A
97-98 is really unrealistic. Trust me these ranks are not even going to get me over 95

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)