Please help me for my HSC chemistry assignment!!!!!? [desperate] (1 Viewer)

Repantantboy

HSC
N/A
H5: I can't find any information about this on the net??????

Question: describes possible future directions in chemical research

I have to discuss it in relation to:

My Chosen Topic
Galvanic Cells: New sources of portable power continue to be developed that provide more power for longer, are smaller, more lightweight and in general outcome some of the disadvantage of dry cells and lead-acid batteries

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
How long does it need to be? 3 mark question?

Talk about problems if current battery technologies and suggest some ways that it MAY be fixed.

For example, the dry cell is non-rechargeable so they need to be made obsolete by replacing them with rechargeable ones such as NiMH batteries. Talk about how metals can be toxic etc.

Repantantboy

HSC
N/A
How long does it need to be? 3 mark question?

Talk about problems if current battery technologies and suggest some ways that it MAY be fixed.

For example, the dry cell is non-rechargeable so they need to be made obsolete by replacing them with rechargeable ones such as NiMH batteries. Talk about how metals can be toxic etc.
I have to write a thousnd words. its an assignment assessing H5

I have to discuss galvanic cells in relation to the question and i have no idea where to begin

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Start by reading the relevant textbook section and class notes, synthesise and summarise the information from these sources and then start writing.

golgo13

Alchemist
HSC
Have you tried looking into vanadium redox battery?

stillbluecat

HSC
Some things you can research about:
- the problems with current sources of portable power
- are scientists trying to find ways to fix these problems, the progress they have made, possible future directions of research
Include examples.

Makematics

HSC
theyre giving you this to hand in in the FOURTH term of the hsc? that's absolute crap! but yeah, like nerd said, go through info from at least two textbooks, make sure you have a solid understanding of it, and then go ahead and do FURTHER research on the net. you're gonna need more info to write 1000 words. also make sure you focus on the question which is to describe the future directions, so dont waste too much time explaining the chemistry of galvanic cells. you should still discuss the chemistry of galvanic cells, but dont waste the whole essay doing it.

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
Talk about fuel cells and their potential applications

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)