Pledge your virginity to your father (1 Viewer)

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
http://www.glamour.com/news/articles/2007/01/purityballs07feb?currentPage=1

’s like a wedding but with a twist: Young women exchange rings, take vows and enjoy a first dance…with their dads. “Purity balls” are the next big thing in the save-it-till-marriage movement. Smart or scary?
Yes, creepy.

Randy Wilson’s 19-year-old, Khrystian, is typical: She works at her church, spends most weekends at home with her family and has never danced with a male other than her father or brother. Emily Smith, an 18-year-old I meet, says that even kissing is out for her. “I made a promise to myself when I was younger,” she says, “to save my first kiss for my wedding day.” A tenet of the abstinence movement is that having lovers before marriage often leads to divorce. In the Wilsons’ community, young women hope to meet suitors at church, at college or through family connections.

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Thats really creepy.
And they talk about how 10% of boys and 16% of girls in the united states have signed virginity pledges... I read somewhere that more than 50% of those break that pledge within a year. Hah.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Yeah, this takes "creepy" to a whole new level.

Kangaroo (if you remember him [and how could you forget him?]) might be interested in it, though ...

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
People so obsessed with virginity equalling purity, as opposed to viewing sex as a normal part of growing up and everyday life (providing there is consent and trust between the two individuals) are just a special brand of perverted.

SituationNoir

HSC
Yeah...it all sounds a little creepy to me.
I don't like the idea of a father being responsible for that part of a girls life. I think its private and personal and something that no-one but the girl should be making pledges over or making decisions about.

Possessive anyone?

nwatts

HSC
dagwoman said:
People so obsessed with virginity equalling purity, as opposed to viewing sex as a normal part of growing up and everyday life (providing there is consent and trust between the two individuals) are just a special brand of perverted.
i love everything you have to say

wagga

HSC
When will those dumbarse americans learn from prohibition? If you want to make something more attractive to people, put it up on a pedastal and prohibit it...suddenly, from being a normal thing of relatively small consequence, it becomes a forbidden pleasure, and as a result, people will want it more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)