Point of the End of Year exam? (1 Viewer)

x3Reii

HSC
Hey guys, so I'm seeing all this Atar estimation thread and everyone does it based on rank. If it is based on rank, whats the point of the end of year exam? Does that mean I only have trials to get my rank up or else I'm screwed? Also, does that mean the person ranked first will have the highest mark in the hsc after aligning and stuff?

I'm just really confused. I have a feeling I screwed up my trials, and if ATAR depends on internal rank, well then I'm just a bit stuffed.

P

pinkcupcakes

Hey guys, so I'm seeing all this Atar estimation thread and everyone does it based on rank. If it is based on rank, whats the point of the end of year exam? Does that mean I only have trials to get my rank up or else I'm screwed? Also, does that mean the person ranked first will have the highest mark in the hsc after aligning and stuff?

I'm just really confused. I have a feeling I screwed up my trials, and if ATAR depends on internal rank, well then I'm just a bit stuffed.
From my point of view, the trials are really just to prepare us for the final HSC exams.
I hope you do well in your trials, don't give up
xx

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
ATAR depends on how you go in the HSC itself, and we estimate that by how you have gone in school so far...

imZerroo

HSC
there are two parts
internal
external

your internal mark for e.g. if you are 2nd, then your internal mark will be the mark of the person who got the 2nd highest mark in the HSC in your school.
external mark is your hsc mark.
50% each.

this is my understanding of it, i think im right, and it sounds right too.

but, knowing this all means nothing, i have spent time like an idiot trying to figure this useless crap out.
end of day: one motto: beat everyone else.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
if you are 2nd, then your internal mark will be the mark of the person who got the 2nd highest mark in the HSC in your school.
Wrong.

Moderation takes into account the gaps between internal assessment marks. Is it fair to have the two highest internal marks sent to the BOS to be 98, 97 - but because the top 2 external HSC marks were 95 and 72 to give 72 to the second placed person as their 'moderated' mark? No.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)