Poker (1 Viewer)

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
I play poker all the time, it and centrelink are my main source of income :p lol I've won a few cashgames with prizes over $500, and I came 13th in the very first APL pro series open which netted me $300... I'm playing a deepstack tonight...

yeah.. I'm addicted :p

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
I used to play poker every friday night with my mates. Best fun we would have in ages but now we're finding it difficult to get the whole group together

CieL

HSC
I sometimes go to work with my bf [he works for APL] and play whilst I wait for his shift to finish..

I'm blessed with shit luck or something, I'm always the bubble.. the one who just misses out on top16 points, the one who comes 9th and misses the top8 get paid rule, or the one who comes 4th and misses the top3 get paid rule..

Only lost once at Vauxhall [Paramatta] tho.. everytime I go there I'd come out five times richer in 1.5hrs

7th Sign

HSC
played at APL comps a few times but the payouts usually suck...

played at star city a few times...still workin on my game but, have not played in around 2 months but =)

I got some mates who are big players who even go down to melb to play lol...they are pretty dam good but....they are also big on online poker....

CieL

HSC
Depends on which area's APL you go to.
Each venue pays differently.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
I play poker, "texas holdem" to be precise. CBF entering any major competitions. I've got good strategies depending on the other players on the table.

HSC
yeah i play hold 'em mainly. i've played a bit at local apl things and just amoung mates but i'm relatively new to the game.

i play a fair bit online though some good poker sites where you can play. you have to download a program though for a couple of them.

Pokerstars

Pokerroom

Full tilt poker

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
I absolutely hate APL now... It's good for learning the basics of poker when your starting up... I prefer the cash games. Especially Pokerdome in Newtown :)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Dash said:
I absolutely hate APL now... It's good for learning the basics of poker when your starting up... I prefer the cash games. Especially Pokerdome in Newtown :)
Been getting fucked up the ass by the river card on big hands after reading the player correctly and having the better hand.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Players at Pokerdome are just as bad as APL, but I've only played APL once.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
redruM said:
Been getting fucked up the ass by the river card on big hands after reading the player correctly and having the better hand.
You shouldn't slow play ur big hands then... especially when theres a flush possibility on the board :p

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
my dad's a bloody poker fanatic, so I've picked up a few tricks of the trade while watching WPT & him. unfortunately everyone I know is either massively shit at poker or just doesn't know how to play. my dad's like "play online, win moneys" but i cbf. =/

sthcross.dude

HSC
Love my poker.

Playing on Full Tilt at the moment. Playing at Star City is arsum aswel, but I hate free poker in pubs ect. Makes me sick.

Anyone out there play Pot Limit Omaha? Its an awesome change from NL Hold 'em which is all any1 seems to play.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Omahahahaha. I like it but the variance is pretty gross. I've been playing on Full Tilt for a little over a month trying to clear the bonus, I'm almost done

HSC
i've played omahahahaha, but i'm not too good at it. it's so much harder than hold 'em, so i usually don't bother! :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)