• no

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Azamakumar said:
The first snake that Samuel L Jackson encountered in snakes on a plane copped a taser to the face and didn't hurt shit after that.
1) Tasers
2) Snake terrorists attack
3) ???
4) Profit!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
scarybunny said:
Oh yeah capsicum spray.

That'll do the job pretty well. And it won't kill you.

But how close do you need to be?
How much of a risk is there of shooting yourself in the face?
for long range i dont see why somebody cant invent a tranquilizer gun for humans, or like something that makes i big bright flash or something, or loud noises!

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
townie said:
for long range i dont see why somebody cant invent a tranquilizer gun for humans, or like something that makes i big bright flash or something, or loud noises!
Knock em out now, ask questions later.

Raging pain does not have to be a factor.

What about some quick form of temporary paralysis?

Flick the lights off and on really fast?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
They've all been invented, but they are all fairly infeasible for the kind of use tasers are perfect for, AFAIK.

corey987654

HSC
I think its heaps better to zap some lunatic criminal then shoot them...

At least after getting zapped they get to think about their stupidity while being educated on how to get away with more serious crimes in prison...

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Re lasers vs. guns

Will the use of tasers with cops be as heavily scrutinised as guns though? When a cop fires a bullet, a massive investigation takes place ya? Will the same investigations take place with tasers? Will cops be as hesitant to use them?

I'm concerned. :(

Zrap

glock9
HSC
It will be funny seeing in the news someone getting tasered.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
once i saw some violence outside a club where the police got involved and the dude kept fighting, everyone starting yelling out to taze him but none of those cops had one :(

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Serius said:
once i saw some violence outside a club where the police got involved and the dude kept fighting, everyone starting yelling out to taze him but none of those cops had one :(
lawl, did they start clubbin him with the baton?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
What happens if a police officer misses the intended target? It's not like an ordinary weapon where you can just fire again, is it? (Just wondering)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Aerath said:
What happens if a police officer misses the intended target? It's not like an ordinary weapon where you can just fire again, is it? (Just wondering)
Run.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
I'd assume they'd train to have one officer draw a taser, and the other a firearm.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Aerath said:
I doubt the possibility of that happening exists, given the short range of tasers.

EDIT: Stun guns*

banco55

HSC
Aerath said:
There are some videos on the net of cops trying to draw a gun and fire as someone runs at them with a knife. The guy with the knife usually beats the cops to the punch. If you missed with a taser and they had a knife and wanted to kill you you'd be pretty much fucked. I think cops would still be relying on a gun if they come at them with a knife.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)