• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

POLITICAL TRAP: Gillard, Abbott hide from angry protesters (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
how can we remedy the past though
The first step needs to be recognition, little progress will happen while dicks keep asserting that a scholarship to Usyd is worth more than what was in many cases bordering upon acts of genocide.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
The first step needs to be recognition, little progress will happen while dicks keep asserting that a scholarship to Usyd is worth more than what was in many cases bordering upon acts of genocide.
So you're saying affirmative action is not the way forward?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
so because i'm saying that the past has been recognised and it's time to move beyond words, placards and hand wringing, I'm andrew bolt?

Lentern

HSC
so because i'm saying that the past has been recognised and it's time to move beyond words, placards and hand wringing, I'm andrew bolt?
I'm saying Bolt and his kind deny the atrocities of the past. Hell SylvesterBr moments ago said that it was good for them.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
yes i still dont get it though, andrew bolt is some guy and keith windschuttle is nuts

you were asked what the solution is

you answered with "recognition"

it was suggested that maybe it's time to move on from sentiments and words. how many apologies and SBS specials do you want mate. from recognition, what next?

Lentern

HSC
yes i still dont get it though, andrew bolt is some guy and keith windschuttle is nuts

it was suggested that maybe it's time to move on from sentiments and words. how many apologies and SBS specials do you want mate. from recognition, what next?
Stop deliberately misinterpreting things it doesn't make you clever. I said that without recognition there will be little progress and at the moment recognition is far from universal.

Lentern

HSC
Sorry if I'm not telling you exactly what you want to here Tully but I find it difficult to engage this issue seriously with someone who once told me she'd be happy if all indigenous people were just pushed out to sea in leaky boats and told to find their own way.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

he doesn't mean official recognition

he means on a wider societal basis from the layman

when you've still got people saying 'fuckan abo cunts get off yer fuckan asses and get a fuckan job lazy black cunts' you can't really develop any sort of positive assimilation/integration

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
who gives a fuck if it's universal dickhead, you're not going to get every single person to agree

it has been recognised by the government

i am guessing you just have no idea because you and your leftists types are going to be stuck on this circle jerk of words and "recognition" for the next 20 years.

i am asking

let's pretend recognition to your standards has occured

WHAT NEXT?

also my previous posts were by autismsuperstar, i had some pretty valid points back there but wasnt able to continue because the mods on this forum are bigger window lickers than you

Lentern

HSC
who gives a fuck if it's universal dickhead, you're not going to get every single person to agree

it has been recognised by the government

i am guessing you just have no idea because you and your leftists types are going to be stuck on this circle jerk of words and "recognition" for the next 20 years.

i am asking

let's pretend recognition to your standards has occured

WHAT NEXT?

also my previous posts were by autismsuperstar, i had some pretty valid points back there but wasnt able to continue because the mods on this forum are bigger window lickers than you
Some nice recommendations can be found here http://www.hreoc.gov.au/pdf/social_justice/bringing_them_home_report.pdf and here http://www.inquirysaac.nt.gov.au/pdf/bipacsa_final_report.pdf . Enjoy

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
he doesn't mean official recognition

he means on a wider societal basis from the layman

when you've still got people saying 'fuckan abo cunts get off yer fuckan asses and get a fuckan job lazy black cunts' you can't really develop any sort of positive assimilation/integration
yes but

you are never, ever, ever going to achieve this

it seems ridiculous to be stuck at this cross roads because you need the wider community to change their attitudes

the wider communities are morons

ill find my old posts but i think that the issue is changing attitudes within *aboriginal* communities so that they can effect change within their own environments. whether billy joe dickhead down the road or andrew bolt agree or recognise the atrocities is irrelevant

Lentern

HSC
yes but

it seems ridiculous to be stuck at this cross roads because you need the wider community to change their attitudes

ill find my old posts but i think that the issue is changing attitudes within *aboriginal* communities so that they can effect change within their own environments. whether billy joe dickhead down the road or andrew bolt agree or recognise the atrocities is irrelevant
What are you like when you're trying to be offensive?

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
I'm saying Bolt and his kind deny the atrocities of the past..
C'mon there will always be ignorant dickheads who try to deny things.
The fact is that they are only the minority.

It is a consensus in society that these things happened. And thus these issue do get a significant amount of recognition. (with the backing of the state, the education system (spending 2 whole years on it) and a siginificant part of the media)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
bringing them home had some very valid points that made a lot of sense

but if you want to enact any sort of positive change

you will forget about the bogan yobbos and fat columnists from the australian

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
yes but

yeah but how can a community of peoples move forward to be more integrated into a different community when that entire community still treats them like fucking dirt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)