Poll: What Women Really Want in a Man (1 Viewer)

mastersplinter

HSC
I think it depends on the girl still, i personally like a well groomed man, that is romantic and chivalrous. but at the same time feminism did happen and girls want to be respected

stazi

Nightman
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Mmmm true

Although I think that the girls are being honest here

It's in real life where they say something doesn't matter to them (but it in fact really really does) where you boys get into trouble :p
oh i'm sure they're being honest and truly believe this is what they're looking for in a man, when it's not necesserily the case. for instance, a lot of girls will say they want a really nice guy who loves them, brings them flowers, etc. however, some of those girls actually want a guy who's sometimes an arsehole to them and makes them mope every once in a while, despite not realising this.

Skeeta

HSC
1. I want a man who has an active social life outside of me. I would not mind if he sometimes didn’t have time for me.
having an active social life is a good thing. But if you dont have time for your parnter then what is the point?

2. I want a man who will provide for me and take care of me. I do not want to be the breadwinner.
In theory i would love to marry a rich man who would give me everything i wanted. I would not mind being the breadwinner though. I would like to be comfortable, whether it is on his salary or mine

3. It is important to me that the man I am with makes an effort to keep the romance in our relationship.
Agreed here - its not a relationship if there is no romance.. it'd just be a friendship

4. I want a man who values my opinions and what I have to say. I want him to take me seriously and trust me to make important decisions.
Yes - definitely about the taking me seriously thing. i hardly EVER get taken seriously. Its just the way i am. I dont look serious even if i'm trying to be, and i just get laughed at :(

5. I would not want a man to change for me nor should he want me to change for him. I want him to be himself and I would want him to love me for myself.
i agree, but there is such a thing as comprimise :uhhuh:

6. I want a man who is open and honest and who will tell me things like it is. I would not like him to sugarcoat anything or to lie- I want the truth, even if it will hurt me.
Agreed. Definitely.

7. It’s important to me that the man I am with or that a man I am interested in has the same religious and political beliefs as I do.
I disagree. These things arent particularly important to me, as long as i am not getting converted then i dont have a problem

8. A man needs to be a gentleman. He should have good manners and be chivalrous.
Agreed!

9. It is important that the man I am with takes good care if himself. I would want him to maintain a healthy weight and keep himself well-groomed. If he is sick, I would not want him to throw a fit about seeing a doctor.
Agreed kinda about the first thing, but DEFINITELY about the doctors/dentist/physio etc

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
1. I want a man who has an active social life outside of me. I would not mind if he sometimes didn’t have time for me.
yer....active life is ok..but not too active, shud have time, like skeeta said, wtf is the point if they dont spend time with you?
2. I want a man who will provide for me and take care of me. I do not want to be the breadwinner.
doesnt matter, as long as they both have stable jobs, or careers then yeah,even if the woman decided 2 b a housewife. but women should know how to take care of themselves if the man suddenly leaves or something happens, reality is important, each person should have something backed up to support themselves.
3. It is important to me that the man I am with makes an effort to keep the romance in our relationship.
yea
I want a man who values my opinions and what I have to say. I want him to take me seriously and trust me to make important decisions.
yea
5. I would not want a man to change for me nor should he want me to change for him. I want him to be himself and I would want him to love me for myself.
well nobody can completely change a person anyway, that's why break ups and things happen when it is attempted. if people wanna sacrifice things for their partner, then it's ok, but they have to 'want' to do it, if they dont and it doesnt come from within then yeah i wouldnt want it anyway cos it would end up in a troulbled relationship imo.
6. I want a man who is open and honest and who will tell me things like it is. I would not like him to sugarcoat anything or to lie- I want the truth, even if it will hurt me.
yea
7. It’s important to me that the man I am with or that a man I am interested in has the same religious and political beliefs as I do.
yea. my relationshp is interracial so this one i think usually would be a problem for people like i, but i'm not religious so who cares XD.
8. A man needs to be a gentleman. He should have good manners and be chivalrous.
100 % agreed.
9. It is important that the man I am with takes good care if himself. I would want him to maintain a healthy weight and keep himself well-groomed. If he is sick, I would not want him to throw a fit about seeing a doctor.
health is first. he can't not see a doctor cos i will become one hahahaaa. grooming part all fake, i mean well presented is important, but not in the terms of put 100 layers of gell in your hair or totally formal. the important factor imo is to dress according to where you are going to...if you're home, who cares what he wears, if he's going out in daytime, who cares again, restuarant...bit formal, parents...bit formal again.
10. The best kind of man....
options i considered in bold:
has not had many or any sexual experiences with other women ~ yeep. - don't tell me good luck aswell cos i already hav it XD
wants children ~ this is out of the way for ppl when they are young, it doesnt matter, but people tend to change minds as they get older so the answer is quite unclear.
is religious ~ no, but morals are important to me.
is intelligent and well educated ~ yep
can easily talk about his feelings ~ yep
treats me with respect and courtesy ~ yep
would be my friend as well as my lover ~ yep...my partner is my best friend. wudnt hav it any other way.....a question....FRIEND:a person you know well and regard with affection and trust. how the fk is a relationship meant to be a relationship if your partner is not your friend....or how the hell is your parnter meant to be your partner if they are not your friend? lol....i just dnt see the point of this question....unless ppl call a best man a one night stand with some random :S

Last edited:

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Sparkl3z: Define morality.
ooo well everyones morals are to their own, if i define my morals it's going to be a way long list of little things and you'll get bored if you arent already. generally no sex b4 my husband lol ooo yea, kindness, givingness like ppl who respect older people for who they are, unignorant ppl, all that stuff is important 2 me. demanding i am yep.

Last edited:

dora_18

HSC
lol...this is very much me as well...

The best kind of man...
is attractive (ie is not ugly. doesnt have to be perfect)
is good in bed (not essential, a bonus)
has a stable career (so he's not mooching off me)
has not had many or any sexual experiences with other women (no man-whores. they're UNCLEAN)
wants children (eventually. not tomorrow or anything)
is not religious (would not work)
is intelligent and well educated (couldnt date anyone dumber than me)
can easily talk about his feelings (read: doesnt bottle them up, then hit me)
treats me with respect and courtesy (treats me like a human being)
would be my friend as well as my lover (if you're not friends then they're essentially fuck buddies then, right?)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
emetrics focus said:
Someone's morality is what s/he considers right or wrong (or good or bad).
But there should be justification between seeing things as good or bad, and I don't see anything to base such justification on apart from whether something hurts other people or not.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
women want love....and that doesnt include changing your mind about them two months after dating!!! lol honestly, some girls act like they dont give a crap, but everyone knows that girls are EMOtional...if it's not forever with a guy they liked heaps, then they get heart-broken big time. Guys need to learn how to stop cheating, or they shouldnt date somebody before they make up their mind, cos they leave the girl halfway there, and while she falls deeper in love with the guy, the guy finds another person to like, all because he wasnt sure of what he wanted in the first place, so sad..actually anybody can reverse this by replacing girls with the guys in the sentences, if the thread question was what guys want.....both sexes are full of sheet these days..people have no respect for eachother anymore which is so so sad.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
sparkl3z said:
women want love....and that doesnt include changing your mind about them two months after dating!!! lol honestly, some girls act like they dont give a crap, but everyone knows that girls are EMOtional...if it's not forever with a guy they liked heaps, then they get heart-broken big time. Guys need to learn how to stop cheating, or they shouldnt date somebody before they make up their mind, cos they leave the girl halfway there, and while she falls deeper in love with the guy, the guy finds another person to like, all because he wasnt sure of what he wanted in the first place, so sad..actually anybody can reverse this by replacing girls with the guys in the sentences, if the thread question was what guys want.....both sexes are full of sheet these days..people have no respect for eachother anymore which is so so sad.
So because somebody you like turns out not to be the person you thought they were, or your wants change over time, you automatically don't give a crap?

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
er....i'm not takin about my situation, just what i've observed around me for the past few years of my life,all i'm sayin is people are colder and take the easy way out of things, which if you about it is quite evident. i mean divorce rates are obvious, peoples manners are obvious, peoples prejudice and ego are obvious...what more?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I have good manners, haven't had a divorce, have zero prejudices and having an ego proportional to ones ability is actually ideal, and most people around me are like this too. Why are all of these obvious (sans the divorce rates)?

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
well maybe you're too young to go through a divorce yet ^^ but don't even think about marriage, look at peoples relationships around you, the majority probably last a few months and end (if not then that's just good luck)....how many successful relationships are there these days? cos from what i've seen, it's only like 5%. you can't say that there isnt more ignorant people these days destroying their own lives, and affecting the people around them too, and it all starts by not knowing when and when not to be serious. anyway i'm in a depressed mood(nothing to do with relationships) so let me be lol but really people are so bad towards eachother, it's getting worse, not the other way :( and that's all i have to say for now :(

tlodg

HSC
N/A
A woman wants happiness. That's all she wants from a man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)