• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Polygamous marriages should be recognised: sheikh (2 Viewers)

banco55

HSC
This is the thin end of the wedge. The next thing they will want Sharia law applied to family law in Australia where Muslims are involved in a divorce etc. If they want to live under Sharia law they can emigrate to another country.

Incidentally isn't this just more evidence that Muslims are much harder to integrate into Western society then other groups. Can you remember the last time the Chinese, Koreans, South Americans started advocating for Australian family law to be changed to accomodate them? Yes I know Muslims are adherents of a religion and the Chinese etc. are an ethnic group.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I doubt a proposal to apply Sharia law in Australia in any capacity would get off the ground, though. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

banco55

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
I doubt a proposal to apply Sharia law in Australia in any capacity would get off the ground, though. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Not now it wouldn't but within the next decade I wouldn't be so sure. There might be a limited form of recognition for the purposes of centerlink etc. without formally recognising the marriage. Similar to what they have done with Gays and Lesbians recently. A future labour government besotted with multiculturalism and beholden to the muslim vote might be able to get away with making those changes relatively quietly.

Last edited:

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
i dont think muslim born in australia want sharia law. so, stfu. coz i dont.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
bigboyjames said:
And it's a fact that you speak for the majority now, is it?

Do you think you could possibly write a post without hurling abuse and swear words? You make it difficult for people to take you seriously.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
im sick of religious nut fucks taking over our society. i dont want any public display of any religion at all. im sick of these religious tools. religion is a personal matter and that's how it should stay.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
bigboyjames said:
im sick of religious nut fucks taking over our society. i dont want any public display of any religion at all. im sick of these religious tools. religion is a personal matter and that's how it should stay.
well that is your opinion. But i think it would be terrific if each individidual person could publicaly display there beliefs.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
well that is your opinion. But i think it would be terrific if each individidual person could publicaly display there beliefs.
what are the benefits for publicly displaying beliefs?

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
bigboyjames said:
what are the benefits for publicly displaying beliefs?
education about others beliefs, e.g. like Islam so many people are ignorant to the beliefs of islam but i think that publically dispalying there beliefs it would cause much more understanding inter-faiths

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
bigboyjames said:
There are a lot. They even set up a political party in Australia to push the agenda.

Here is their proposed constitution: http://www.hizb-australia.org/content/view/438/139/

Some highlights:

Article 7
c. Those who are guilty of apostasy (murtad) from Islam are to be executed according to the rule of apostasy, provided they have themselves renounced Islam.

Article 11

The primary function of the State is the propagation of the invitation (dâwah) to Islam.
Article 56

Jihad is a compulsory duty (farD) on all Muslims. Military training is therefore compulsory...

Article 109

Men and women are basically to be segregated from each other, and they should not meet together except for a need...

Article 114

Women are forbidden to be in private (khulwah) with any men they can marry, they are also forbidden to display their charms or to reveal their body in front of foreign men.

Article 140

Jizyah (head-tax) is collected from the non-Muslims (dhimmis).

banco55

HSC
bigboyjames said:
LOL if you knew anything about Muslim countries you'd know that in no way is relgiion seperate from the state or solely a personal matter.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Urgh, we've done heaps on Islam in school, and personally, I don't actually give a shit about it. If other people want to believe/follow it, that's fine. I don't care, but don't force it on me.
I don't think people should publicly display their beliefs emy, that's just asking for problems.
If I want to learn about Islam, I'll take a course in it or read their Qur'an as a hobby. I don't want to be learning about it at school. Thats just my personal belief.
Oh and bigboyjames? I have a great idea. Shut up, kay? =)

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
banco55 said:
LOL if you knew anything about Muslim countries you'd know that in no way is relgiion seperate from the state or solely a personal matter.
dude, we are in australia.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Sure, I'll just do that for you.
Idiot.
Pretty much everyone of your posts is just offending people and swearing. Mmm, obviously quite the 'bigboy'?

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Hollieee said:
Sure, I'll just do that for you.
Idiot.
Pretty much everyone of your posts is just offending people and swearing. Mmm, obviously quite the 'bigboy'?
who did i offend ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)