Pompeii and Herculaneum 10 marker (1 Viewer)

Focus is Key

HSC
The question says:

Using the sources provided and your own knowledge, explain the different ways in which archaeologists have reconstructed the past in the cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum.

Would this mean I need to talk about both Pompeii and Herculaneum to be able to gain the 10 marks? I know it's sort of implied in the question but I've been told different things.

Ajaxx

HSC
N/A
Our teacher always said to mention both just in case you have a very picky marker, especially for a 10 mark question in which logically you shouldn't be able to get full marks unless you cover what is asked.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The 10 marker is double marked and if there is a significant difference between the two marks it will be marked a third time by the SM so having one marker won't be an issue.

You should try to refer specifically to both but can get full marks only referring to them both in general terms so long a the information is specific e.g. you don't have to differentiate between the two although that is a better response but sometimes the different places had similar or the same practices while at other times, due to the different natures of the sites things were different and that should be made clear e.g. different bodies, different layers of coverage both meant different types of conservation/preservation etc.

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Definitely mention both.

Also have an archeologist/their methods lined up for each city that has made a significant impact to strengthen your response.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)