Population Control ? (1 Viewer)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Fuel can (and would have to) be rationed, but it was also addressed in the article... I think there was enough to run stuff for about 72 hours? That may have been something else, can't remember exactly, and am too lazy to find it. How will the power get from the wind/solar farms to the hospitals etc? Transformers=dead.
Solar Power Generator

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
we should start by exterminating Israel.
- Remove baby bonus
- Fine people a substantial amount of money for having more than one-child
- Get a global concensus for other countries to do likewise
- Continue to preach one-child only policies
- Set aside 2% of GDP to be saved for when current generation retires

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
One-child policy is seriously one of the most fucked-up policies ever. Could only be born of a communist dictatorship.
Never mind the concentration camps or gulags - cut out the middle man, so to speak!

WHERE'S THE RAGE!??

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
One-child policy is seriously one of the most fucked-up policies ever. Could only be born of a communist dictatorship.
Never mind the concentration camps or gulags - cut out the middle man, so to speak!

WHERE'S THE RAGE!??
On ABC, Saturday mornings.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC

WHERE'S THE RAGE!??
I wholeheartedly agree.

We must begin culling ASAP.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC

WHERE'S THE RAGE!??
We could develop a Darwinian, Spartan, reality TV show: only the strong toddlers survive.

Benefits:
(1) Population control
(2) Increased rate of progression towards the Nietzchean Ubermench (with the right script writers)

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
China kinda fucked up with the 1 child policy

a 1.2 or 1.4 child policy more or less implements itself once living standards are high enough that parents don't have to have 3+ kids to tip the odds in their favour that one will survive

now they're gonna have a shitload of old ppl w/ no one to look after them :O

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Not only old, but gay.

Some of the Chinas I know come from 3-4 child families. If the first one's a girl, I think that get a second shot for the boy, but no more after that.
The reality is that if the family cant face aborting the surplus children, they pay some barren wench to pretend that the child is hers. Although the kid maintains an informal relationship with their real family, they grow to hate them with passion

It's really the most grotesque, inhuman policy. We should be take out sanctions on the evil fuckers

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
So your like a dude in a lifeboat, with an oar, smacking all the floundering people trying to get in?
YOULL SWAMP US
I think more a case of him sitting in the lifeboat with a few conditions of entry...

Raising the the standard of living of those breeding like rabbits would seem like the only ethical solution that we can pursue, but the ability of the planet to provide the neccesary resources for the length of time necessary to achieve those ends seems pretty doubtful. A few generations worth of billions of people living a western-standard middle-class lifestyle would surely rape the planet.
Maybe if technological advances can take some massive steps forward in terms of efficiency, and if sustainable energy etc comes into prominence... but fuck, it all sounds like wishful thinking.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Not only old, but gay.

Some of the Chinas I know come from 3-4 child families. If the first one's a girl, I think that get a second shot for the boy, but no more after that.
The reality is that if the family cant face aborting the surplus children, they pay some barren wench to pretend that the child is hers. Although the kid maintains an informal relationship with their real family, they grow to hate them with passion

It's really the most grotesque, inhuman policy. We should be take out sanctions on the evil fuckers
Whoaaa, i've never heard of that before :O

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
We could develop a Darwinian, Spartan, reality TV show: only the strong toddlers survive.

Benefits:
(1) Population control
(2) Increased rate of progression towards the Nietzchean Ubermench (with the right script writers)
You're moderator material :)

you should submit an "application" form :rolleyes:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
moar priests
moar nuns

everything fixed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)