Population Control ? (1 Viewer)

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
As the worlds population becomes more and more unsustainable and continues to spiral out of control....

Should we reward serial killers in their attempt to keep our population under control ?

On a more serious note, what can be done to keep our population under control.

Discuss

Last edited:

Guesss

HSC
umm, my economics teacher said that population growth is very good and we need more of it as we have an ageing population etc. etc.??? :)

:) but. in answer 2 ur question i think the one child policy works! hmm, but then again i dnt think they'd ever introduce that in Australia cause contraception n abortion etc. go against so many religions!

mrcalkin

Banned
HSC
umm, my economics teacher said that population growth is very good and we need more of it as we have an ageing population etc. etc.??? :)

:) but. in answer 2 ur question i think the one child policy works! hmm, but then again i dnt think they'd ever introduce that in Australia cause contraception n abortion etc. go against so many religions!
he means the earth population.

We need to end the out of control population in Asia, starting with India(there about to overtake china soon). Then we need to set up space colonies, where the intelligent people will rule over earth from.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Yes its a serious problem. I personally believe something similiar to a 1 billion rule should be implimented where every country signs an agreement saying they will strive to get the global population below 1 billion and keep it there. The problem with this is it would probably only work if most of the population had allready been wiped out so that we were working UP to a billion, not trying to get bellow it. You would also either need to assess each country on how many people they can have, or have have a breakdown in countries so that there are no longer any political borders[once again wont happen in our lifetimes unless theres a huge nearly exstinction event, global thermonuclear war or something similar]

Basically it doesnt matter what the fuck we do because our population is only 20million, even if we impliment a 1 child policy, other countries will far outstrip whatever we "save" in terms of population. Some countries nearly have our entire countries population in births every year.

Maybe something draconian is in order, perhaps total and widespread sterlization and you can earn your reproduction priveledges back once you prove you worth to society and have done a parenting course e.g nobody on welfare can have kids anymore.

HSC
Stop the muslims from breading and spreading around the world
problem solved
and the asians while where at it
and indians

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
you can't sterilise or massacre people you idiots

nor can you set limits on how many kids ppl have... unless ur the Chinese government

the only way to do it is to increase their standard of living

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Or do what futurame does, send all the old people to a virtual reality.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
As the worlds population becomes more and more unsustainable and continues to spiral out of control....

Should we reward serial killers in their attempt to keep our population under control ?

On a more serious note, what can be done to keep our population under control.

Discuss
one child poliocy not working.
official came to house, inpsect house see only one child so good.
because other child we hide somehwere no tell!

- Cease baby bonus payments
- Shut down sperm donations
- Prevent artificial insemination
- Militarisation of every nation, conscript all as soldiers or military scientists or engineers or banish them. Army's Heaven. Outer Heaven.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I blame the church, aided by the state, for perpetuating the idea that everyone should have kids.

Especially the idea that everyone is entitled to children, even if you can't afford them, and the state should give you money to raise them if you don't have an income.

There's a terrible ingrained cultural value placed on the creation of human life above all else. It's an extremely taboo thing for a scientist to suggest that maybe less people should be born. But it's the glaringly obvious solution to almost all the problems of the modern world

You can't do this by coercion or legislation, but it could certainly be encouraged culturally. There's a lot to be said for the benefits of the childless lifestyle. Progressive churches could advocate the selfless sacrifice of not having children for the good of the planet.

/Awaits Iron's response about the goodness of life.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Lol I watched Children of Men again yesterday and concluded that children are an important part of what makes society tick. They give meaning to our endevours in the most basic way possible
etc

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
We don't have to have none. Just less. None for mum, none for dad, none for the country, one for the planet.

This yearning for children will be the downfall of humanity.

jessiminica

HSC
Well, scientifically speaking, our population is probably going to be reduced from an outside source anyway. We're getting unnervingly close to the tipping point of a runaway greenhouse effect, which would cause crop failiures etc etc and ultimately result in 80-90% of the world's populatoin dying of starvation anyway. There's also a fairly high chance of a major solar storm in the next couple of years, which could cause the electrical grids of entire countries to fail, and nationwide failures like that would last for months... and that means people will again die of starvation and thirst, not to mention a lack of electricity to hospitals so that people will die of otherwise easily curable disease.

Population control is going to happen eventually, whether we like it or not :)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
We don't have to have none. Just less. None for mum, none for dad, none for the country, one for the planet.

This yearning for children will be the downfall of humanity.
The impulse to not respect life IS the downfall, friendo

HSC
Well, scientifically speaking, our population is probably going to be reduced from an outside source anyway. We're getting unnervingly close to the tipping point of a runaway greenhouse effect, which would cause crop failiures etc etc and ultimately result in 80-90% of the world's populatoin dying of starvation anyway. There's also a fairly high chance of a major solar storm in the next couple of years, which could cause the electrical grids of entire countries to fail, and nationwide failures like that would last for months... and that means people will again die of starvation and thirst, not to mention a lack of electricity to hospitals so that people will die of otherwise easily curable disease.

Population control is going to happen eventually, whether we like it or not :)

bahahahahaha sources??

Where did you pull that shit from?

If anything, im led the believe that global warming would open up more land to agriculture.

Where did you pull this fairly high chance of a solar storm wiping out electricity grids from lol been watching too much knowing maybe?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
But is reproduction from those without the financial or mental capacity to look after their offspring also just another impulse to not respect life?
Sensible family planning shows respect for life, but a failure to do so doesnt diminish the importance and dignity of the life that is created

jessiminica

HSC
bahahahahaha sources??

Where did you pull that shit from?

If anything, im led the believe that global warming would open up more land to agriculture.

Where did you pull this fairly high chance of a solar storm wiping out electricity grids from lol been watching too much knowing maybe?
Space storm alert: 90 seconds from catastrophe - space - 23 March 2009 - New Scientist
Major solar storm could cause lasting damage - space - 12 January 2009 - New Scientist
How to survive the coming century - environment - 25 February 2009 - New Scientist

NS is my personal favourite for these sort of things, but there's more info out there if you ust wanna look for it :)

EDIT: also, wtf is knowing?
EDIT2: nvm, googled it. sounds like crap.

Last edited:
HSC
Okay so they hypothesised solar flares being able to fuck up transformers. Not quite what you said.

I cant wait for sea levels to rise :confused: it will give us a mad inland sea again

Knowing is a movie just released where a solar flare kills everyone on earth lol

jessiminica

HSC
Well, it is basically what I said. I gave a VERY compacted summary, but I basically asserted that it could fuck up the electricity of whole nations, which would stop other shit.

Is Knowing any good? I mean, it sounds like another "Day After Tomorrow" or whatever it was called... kinda crap, in any case :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)