Portfolio Mgmt (1 Viewer)

MAICHI

HSC
N/A
Shawny said:
"firm A is beautiful, firm B is ugly, recommend?"
Is this the whole question? Strange, but I can barely understand your post.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
I think he means whether you would recommend buy, sell or hold stock in both firms.

Ducky

§eraphim said:
I think he means whether you would recommend buy, sell or hold stock in both firms.
btw, what was the right answer to that question? the right answer which fits in one line?

lawforever

HSC
Feldman's marking is very generous I think, thru looking at my final results

lawforever

HSC
I said:
Faculty of Banking and Finance recycle their exam questions (that's why they're pink in colour in the final exams) so students can't keep them.

Here is the external link for FINS2624 Semester 2 2005 Course Outline:
http://wwwdocs.fce.unsw.edu.au/banking/admin/ols/fins2624col20052.pdf

...and what's with A/Prof Feldman, since I'm doing it in Semester 2, 2006...is he like the MATH1151/1251 lecturer David Tacon- funny and hilarious, or ACTL1001 lecturer Sachi- sets difficult tests and lectures poorly...?
The special thing about FINS2624 is that if you don't attend the lecture, you will get crap mark becuz lots of the questions he asked in the final are the ones he talked about in his lecture only .

I Robot

HSC
lawforever said:
The special thing about FINS2624 is that if you don't attend the lecture, you will get crap mark becuz lots of the questions he asked in the final are the ones he talked about in his lecture only .
Ah! More or less like Sachi...ok, mental note for semester 2...thanks!

MAICHI

HSC
N/A
lawforever said:
Feldman's marking is very generous I think, thru looking at my final results
How so? What exactly is the questions like? Is it like those short, or should I say long response questions that we get for economics, where you have to explain stuff using models? Is there any math at all involved in fins2624?

Can someone give a proper example, the one Shawny gave was a bit odd.

Ducky

Questions needed to be answered in one line only (the beautiful ugly firm one for eg), or else were in parts (a,b,c etc)

MAICHI

HSC
N/A
So it's like accounting, where you have to regurgitate succinctly? This subject doesn't sound too good.

lawforever

HSC
MAICHI said:
How so? What exactly is the questions like? Is it like those short, or should I say long response questions that we get for economics, where you have to explain stuff using models? Is there any math at all involved in fins2624?

Can someone give a proper example, the one Shawny gave was a bit odd.
About 50% is short answer (1 line)
The rest is problem question (maths)

1 example "You can choose one from 2 prizes, Recommand" (not exactly same words)

Ducky

Do you have to take it? As in are you doing a finance major?

I didn't have to because i'm doing an Econ major but someone told me it was 'interesting'..pfft, oh well. I think there could be better finance subjects to choose from tho..

MAICHI

HSC
N/A
Finance major, I have no choice. This subject is core to the max.

lawforever said:
1 example "You can choose one from 2 prizes, Recommand" (not exactly same words)
What does this one and the example before about beautiful and ugly have to do with finance at all?

Ducky

Yeah, some of those final questions were annoyingly abstract..

Oh well, if you have to do it then atleast the first half of the course is okay and 2nd half will probably be scaled!

MAICHI

HSC
N/A
Very abstract indeed. I don't know what you guys actually learn in fins2624, it really is a stupid subject by the sound of it, I mean those questions are not finance.

lawforever

HSC
MAICHI said:
Finance major, I have no choice. This subject is core to the max.

What does this one and the example before about beautiful and ugly have to do with finance at all?
They are all illustrations of different finance theories

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
MAICHI said:
Very abstract indeed. I don't know what you guys actually learn in fins2624, it really is a stupid subject by the sound of it, I mean those questions are not finance.
Not at all, FINS2624 is a good subject!

Its challenging, and ignoring the teaching styles, i found it the most practical uni subject in my life. (I've applied theories, calculations, and charts to personal stock and option trades).

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
MAICHI said:
No it's not a stupid subject... like Grizzly said it's very practical. It's just taught poorly. I would suggest to you to attend every lecture and record them if you can... if not... write down EVERYTHING he says :p

JustALazyCat

HSC
N/A
InfiniteQ said:
No it's not a stupid subject... like Grizzly said it's very practical. It's just taught poorly. I would suggest to you to attend every lecture and record them if you can... if not... write down EVERYTHING he says :p
yea.. I agree with InfiniteQ... I think the subject is pretty Interesting & not stupid, but there is need for Feldman to improve in his teaching method.. esp his lecture notes. I reckon the final exam questions were too abstract in some extent & the marking guideline would be pretty tough coz all irrelevant answers were negative marked.

MAICHI

HSC
N/A
JustALazyCat said:
yea.. I agree with InfiniteQ... I think the subject is pretty Interesting & not stupid, but there is need for Feldman to improve in his teaching method.. esp his lecture notes. I reckon the final exam questions were too abstract in some extent & the marking guideline would be pretty tough coz all irrelevant answers were negative marked.
How do you know that they are negative marked, does Fieldman tell you?

Is this subject very different to 1612&1613, how does it compare?

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
MAICHI said:
How do you know that they are negative marked, does Fieldman tell you?

Is this subject very different to 1612&1613, how does it compare?
In Sm2 the final was negatively marked,
But when i did it in Sm1 it wasnt.

1612 is boring. Too much woffle about Cap Markets blah blah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)