• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Positive Impacts of John Howard (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
bigboyjames01 said:
Positive Impacts of John Howard: fucking up AUS-US relations by saying that Al-Qaeda is 'praying for Obama win'

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21206867-2,00.html

yeah he is a bitch for saying that, but since we've got Rudd........

oh in other news, wasn't there a story about a leak conversation between Rudd and Bush. Bush didn't know what G20 was or something, lol. Now that's stuffed up since sensitive stuff been leaked

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
jb_nc said:
Uh, he doesn't ask for impacts while he was just PM.

When John Howard was treasurer, interests rates were are 17%.
what the fuck? did you realise it was me who made that post? dumb cunt.

Lentern

HSC
Howard was not a major economic reformer, the key reform of his premiership was the GST which was a Hewson relic anyway. His economic record is catergorised by penny pinching spending cuts in a wide range of services, nothing draconian like Bob Bown would lead us to believe but still enough to gain a significant amount of government revenue. He used most of this money on progressive tax cuts, noteably these were across the board tax cuts. The result of which were signifcantly more money was entering the wallets of the wealthy then the working class so the extra money the working class got is offset by inflation prompted by the increased spending of the wealthy and subsequent inflation. However as this favoured business, in particular expanding big business it did stabilise employment figures.

What he did that was really conservative was curtailing minimum wage rises and pension increases whilst wages rocketed for upper middle class and beyond, very rich getting richer, but that ensured high employment even if high employment didn't mean satisfactory income.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Lentern said:
Howard was not a major economic reformer, the key reform of his premiership was the GST which was a Hewson relic anyway. His economic record is catergorised by penny pinching spending cuts in a wide range of services, nothing draconian like Bob Bown would lead us to believe but still enough to gain a significant amount of government revenue. He used most of this money on progressive tax cuts, noteably these were across the board tax cuts. The result of which were signifcantly more money was entering the wallets of the wealthy then the working class so the extra money the working class got is offset by inflation prompted by the increased spending of the wealthy and subsequent inflation. However as this favoured business, in particular expanding big business it did stabilise employment figures.

What he did that was really conservative was curtailing minimum wage rises and pension increases whilst wages rocketed for upper middle class and beyond, very rich getting richer, but that ensured high employment even if high employment didn't mean satisfactory income.
rofl.
You're an idiot.

Lentern

HSC
moll. said:
rofl.
You're an idiot.
Yes I bet you're one of those who thought the low income earners would be saved by Costello's 07 tax cuts only to find that by some magic ends were suddenly harder to meet twelve months down the track.

boris

Banned
HSC
Im finding ends are meeting quite well considering

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Lentern said:
Yes I bet you're one of those who thought the low income earners would be saved by Costello's 07 tax cuts only to find that by some magic ends were suddenly harder to meet twelve months down the track.
yeah.

he also finished his hsc in 2008.

that means he was 17.

ok bro

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
I was a low income earner who thought I would be saved by Costello's 07 tax cuts at 13.

Lentern

HSC
jb_nc said:
yeah.

he also finished his hsc in 2008.

that means he was 17.

ok bro
I didn't say he was directly affected I said he was one of those who assumed the effect would be good for all.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Lentern said:
Haha, no, my response was because you evidently have no idea what is causing the current bout of inflation. Wealthy people don't have that much power.

Lentern

HSC
moll. said:
Haha, no, my response was because you evidently have no idea what is causing the current bout of inflation. Wealthy people don't have that much power.
Wealthy people don't have that much power? Someones talking pie in the sky.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Lentern said:
Wealthy people don't have that much power? Someones talking pie in the sky.
You honestly believe that the increased spending of the wealthy is fueling a 5% inflation rate?
How many wealthy people are there in Australia?
Twenty million?

Lentern

HSC
moll. said:
You honestly believe that the increased spending of the wealthy is fueling a 5% inflation rate?
How many wealthy people are there in Australia?
Twenty million?
No not entirely itself but it is what accelerates it to the point where the low income tax cuts are blown out by it.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Lentern said:
No not entirely itself but it is what accelerates it to the point where the low income tax cuts are blown out by it.
Basic economic theory tells us that any tax cut to the rich doesn't add to inflation when compared to a tax cut to the poor, because the rich are far more likely to save it. So really, the tax cuts to the poor are being canceled out by inflation caused by increased spending from the poor.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
nothing better to do with money that PUT IT IN THE GROUND!!!

You're not the smartest dude, are you moll?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
moll. said:
So really, the tax cuts to the poor are being canceled out by inflation caused by increased spending from the poor.
Yes probably trying to pay for the burdens that the rich have no trouble meeting

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
nothing better to do with money that PUT IT IN THE GROUND!!!

You're not the smartest dude, are you moll?
And you never did economics, did you?
Wealthy people are more likely to save the tax cut, rather than spend it. THIS WOULD NOT ADD TO INFLATION. How many times do i have to say it?
Who's more likely to make a voluntary contribution to their super? A plumber on $40,000 or a merchant banker on $250,000?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)