possible 2005 HSC economic extended response (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah those two alst things (Ecologically sustainable development , and Income distribution) wont be asked on their own in extended response. In short answer very likely though. If they appear in Extended resposne it'll be likely part of something regarding globalisation imo. (along with economic develpment/standard of living )

cimbom

HSC
... They also told me with the globalisation case study question people just go in with a prepared response and they can clearly tell. They're looking for how you can think about a question and kind of "mix- up" the responses you've prepared. Especially since Macquarie economics and Leading Edge economics both do Brazil, and only one textbook I know of does Poland... I was asking heaps about having specific statistics as well- especially for 04/05 financial year rather than 03/04 as is in text books. They said that it doesn't matter, so long as it's not something crazy, like if we say unemployment is 50% or CPI inflation is 5%...

HSC
POssibly something on the foreign debt and CAD I think, and combining with microec. reform like ways to improve the CAD. Also international org's and trade agreements could be in there.

vaniLLa_554

HSC
so wat topics are u guyz going to focus on or prepare the most for the extended response?
i'll probably do:
- inflation (causes, effects, policies - even though its been asked before)
- CAD
- trade policies/agreements - aus and world
- macro policies
- micro policies--> definately, but what will they focus micro with? dealing with a particular issue?

Haku

just wondering since i haven't touched any papers yet, does a globalisation question always appear in section4? And would the markers be more interested if u do another country. I think its rather easier to do another country than australia as u got less to talk about but the right amount so u know what to put. Australia i think its too broad and maybe markers would expect higher standards and they would know all the stuff about it already.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
nosadness said:
just wondering since i haven't touched any papers yet, does a globalisation question always appear in section4? And would the markers be more interested if u do another country. I think its rather easier to do another country than australia as u got less to talk about but the right amount so u know what to put. Australia i think its too broad and maybe markers would expect higher standards and they would know all the stuff about it already.

Nah, they dont always appear, but yes there usually is one.

I agree with you on your point there. Also its much better to highlight and analyse the many effects of globalisation with a country other than Australia. Sure Australia has seen many changes due to globalisation, but to really demonstrate the full nature and consequenses of it you need a developing country where the effects are significantly amplified compared to Aus. (i.e India/China)

Last edited:

Haku

just wondering, if a globalisation questions have appeared in the past 4 hscs, as part of the new hsc.

I am doing taiwan, which one u doing?

*Ya_So_CuTe*

HSC
nosadness said:
just wondering, if a globalisation questions have appeared in the past 4 hscs, as part of the new hsc.

I am doing taiwan, which one u doing?
there was no casestudy question in 2002. Im still gambling whether i'll study for it o r not

sk8ie_boi

peaker
HSC
*Ya_So_CuTe* said:
there was no casestudy question in 2002. Im still gambling whether i'll study for it o r not
you should know a case study.. it's required in the syllubus .. and even sometimes wen they don't ask for a case study, and if u mention it .. it will gain u extra marks ..

vaniLLa_554

HSC
im studying my case study on china... it only takes 1-2 hours to study it anyway

but i have a feeling its not going to be in this year's exam

sk8ie_boi

peaker
HSC
vaniLLa_554 said:
im studying my case study on china... it only takes 1-2 hours to study it anyway

but i have a feeling its not going to be in this year's exam
i hope its not .. cuz case studies need time and effort to remember them, while all other essays u can just make up stuff on the day ...

Haku

meh, dun wanna gamble, might as well just remember a case study.

Demandred

HSC
It's the statistics that kills you.

"Like 86% of total FDI went into the Chinese eastern seaboard, only 12% went into central China and 3% went to western China. However the eastern seaboard contributes only 64% of China's GDP, 24% is from central China and 12% came from western China."

If you remember a dozen or so statistics like that in every essay question, the marker is going scream "BAND 6 BAND 6 BAND 6".

So remember those stats!

note: those stats are not accurate and was vaguely pulled from last year's exam memory

Haku

lol, i remeber the numbers in double digits only, like 50s%, 60s%

so the single digit is made up depending if the question is tending towards the negatives or positives. :)

sk8ie_boi

peaker
HSC
nosadness said:
lol, i remeber the numbers in double digits only, like 50s%, 60s%

so the single digit is made up depending if the question is tending towards the negatives or positives. :)
hahaha dat's a really good idea .. lol .. why didn't i fink of dat ..

i tried to remember the stats for trials, but i just couldn't .. so i made it all up .. haha then after the exam, i looked it up .. and was like totally off .. well, cuz i got me stats mixed up ..

Ataturk

just make up statistics if you cant remember then. if you're not doing a not so popular country. obviously its a bit hard with china

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)