• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Possible Career Paths? Need a goal to work towards. (1 Viewer)

rinc

HSC
Hi BOSers, it's just hit me that year 12 is going to begin in about 4 weeks and i have no motivation whatsoever. As you can see, i'm aiming for a UAI of about 93 and i really thought that was possible at the beginning of the year.

Since then..things have changed

i think a part of the problem is that i do not enjoy school at all, dont have much interest in any of my subjects and have absolutely NO idea about what i want to do after i finish school, not even a clue and without a goal it seems as though any effort is pointless.

So, i'm hoping for some suggestions for some courses/professions i could aim towards. I guess out of my subjects biology, modern history and religion would be the most bearable. English and Legal studies are probably the ones i'm doing the best in but they're the two i hate the most (mainly adv eng) . haha how ironic.

Anyway, all suggestions welcome. Thanks!

LifeCoach

HSC
This is my field of expertise :) I'll pm you tomozow I'm tired tonight. Dw I'll get you to 95+ (y)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
talk to your careers advisor
This is what they get paid for (although ours also acts as the head librarian).

If you're interested in a career such as biological science then I think a 'research' field might suit you... you know in the labs and all :D I find that quite attractive (and a very nice salary if you're working for a government agency).

rinc

HSC
talk to your careers advisor
I have tried to speak to her but she's new and has been largely unhelpful. She simply repeats the most blatantly obvious things i.e. think about what subjects i like and look into possible professions in those fields

speedofsound

HSC
lol my careers advisor is hopeless, she wants us all to be engineers because "it's not just for men!"

Brontecat

HSC
An arts degree at uni lets u know more about society and history ...not too sure where it leads though

A Teacher

A biologist who works with vaccines and that sort of stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)