Possible to get a band 1? (1 Viewer)

Winterseason

HSC
N/A
I heard people say if you write your name and attempt the paper say 0-15/100 or 30/100,(raw mark) it scales up to a 50 mark or is it possible to get under 50?

go_cadel

HSC
considering it pops up on your academic record containing your band performance on every subject, would not recommend

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I should ask one of the drop kicks at my school to try it.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
All subjects have a Band 2 cut-off and if your raw mark is below that cut-off then you get a Band 1. It is determined by the same committee that determines the cut-offs for the other Bands. In fact, in my experience, we spent most time discussing the Band 5/6 cut-off followed by the Band 1/2 cut-off. Not that we didn't give an appropriate amount of discussion and thought to the other band cut-offs but they were the ones that probably got the most attention.

These raw cut-offs can be in single figures for some subjects or can be in mid-20s for others but from talking to other people in other subjects I would think that in pretty well all subjects a raw mark in the 30s would be a Band 2 (could be wrong on that as I haven't spoken to every 'judge' every year of course).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)