Post Election Thoughts Continued (1 Viewer)

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
Because the last one got all messed up and out of order

Kwayera said:
Amen.

I, for one, will be sleeping soundly in the knowledge that my country is once again in safe hands and not in the hands of an inept, inexperienced opposition.

You can argue until you're blue in the face that the 'country is stuffed' or other bullshit, but the fact is that we're in the hands of someone who knows what he's doing and how to use the power we, as a people, have given him.

Get over it - stop being so terribly immature! Now's the time to unite as a people, instead of being involved in petty squabbles.

Night everyone.

Yeh come on guys, stop these petty squabbles. Didn't you know that arguing about politics is wrong and un-Australian? For the sake of the nation let's everyone just agree with John Howard, especially now in this highly dangerous age of terrorism where anything can be a target.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Yep, lets stop argueing, be Aussies and throw another shrimp on the barby.

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
thorrnydevil said:
Yep, lets stop argueing, be Aussies and throw another shrimp on the barby.
Here here....except its a prawn not a shrimp. To call it a shrimp would be 'un-Australian' :p

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
I don't know if you two are just being facetious like I was, but if you're not then I pity you.
Apathy towards politics should never be condoned.

Last edited:

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
I generally discuss politics on a completely centre view. I choose not to take sides but watch the the arguments from boths sides. On occasion i willl bring up a debate topic to further stimulate debate as the issues arise.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Soma said:
I don't know if you too are just being facetious like I was, but if you're not then I pity you.
Apathy towards politics should never be condoned.
I was being facetious.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
i know. i was trying to join the party. quite obviously it didn't work.

walrusbear

HSC
will howard's new government sell telstra as soon as possible?
methinks so

anyone know any other policies we can expect?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Family First said they won't support the selling of telstra.

Business Tax Cuts,
Technical Colleges set up to offer skills to people that cannot make it into uni,
Some dismisal disputes legislation..

I dun really know it all tho :)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Asquithian said:
their senate member would not be drawn on the issue...he didnt confirm or deny when then media interviewed him today :\

and yes im aware that the leader of the party said no to the sale...however he can quit the party and do what he likes
The party has strong religious ties, i doubt you'll see people leaving the party too often.

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
the john on FFP
"Just because somebody is simultaneously a member of a political party and a member of a church - that is not sinister. I have found in my discussions with them ... I don't find them excessively doctrinaire."

oh dear oh dear *rocks back and forth*

did anyone see bush congratulate john howard on his election win? 'lets all give applause' type thing followed by screaming and yaying?

my brain is on political overload. im going to dip my head in some cold water.

S

Sheehan :)

well.......i was a hardcore liberal supporter for the better part of the yr...............but afta the facts have been presented to me i must conclude in sayin that LAtham seemed like the better alterbnative...........will the ALP supporters please accept me as one of theiir own........:)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Sheehan :) said:
well.......i was a hardcore liberal supporter for the better part of the yr...............but afta the facts have been presented to me i must conclude in sayin that LAtham seemed like the better alterbnative...........will the ALP supporters please accept me as one of theiir own........:)
HI! MAY I DIRECT YOU TO LAST NIGHTS LANDSLIDE.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Sheehan :) said:

LOL sheehan...yess we accept you. Unlike the RIGHT WING CONSERVATIVES who well.....ok i am not going to start this again.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
neo_o said:
HI! MAY I DIRECT YOU TO LAST NIGHTS LANDSLIDE.
Her opinion, retrospectively, now that Howard has been elected with an overwhelming majority - let's call it a "mandate" from the electorate - is that Latham would probably have been a better option. Not that it matters :p

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
i have a shiny new katana ladies and gentlemen
and a few peolpe here are going to taste the Fe
KEKEKKE

the beast is unleased!!!.3ROFL!@

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Labor could get up.. if the economy starts going bad, or they can make it appear bad.

First of all as interest rates go up a little bit, like everyone knows they were going to a bit they'll claim that the coalition hasn't kept its promise.. then it will all reply on the economy of the next few years & how the iraq war goes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)