Post-exam feeling (1 Viewer)

AtlasX

HSC
Hey there
I had a SOR exam today which was three short answer questions, and two essays
I did only one and a quarter of the short answer question, I finished the essays but they were rushed. However, one essay asked to assess the extent and I didn't I just kept on going without assessing it.
I have a feeling I know I'm going to fail, I just want to pass this so my Band 6 chances are still alive. I got 72% in my last assessment which was worth 15% and now this was worth 15% and I just know I'm failing.

enoilgam

HSC
A couple of bad assessments at the begining arent ideal, but they arent exactly going to end your chances of a band 6. Remember, internal marks are about your rankings and the gaps between you and everyone else.

It might be a good idea to reassess your study methods, because from the sounds of things, it seems that you were unprepared for this exam (no offence).

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Are you writing to much?
Maybe try circling the BOS verb then writing what the verb wants you to do ..

For example, Explain
You would write cause, and effect/s

britaker

HSC
Dude you never know until you get the assessment back, I totally expected to fail Assessment 1 for English advanced last year because it asked for "compare and contrast" and I only discussed similarities. Well I still ended up with 20/20 given the teacher marking said "if you can't find any differences then you can't really talk about them".
Though in reference to future assessments I agree with BLIT2014, it's probably a good idea to go over the BOS verb glossary before your next exam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)