Post-HSC Bucket List (2 Viewers)

heiresss

HSC
What are you planning on doing when you have finished? What are your post HSC goals?

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
This may sound stupid, but im gonna try get that 4 kill/death ratio on fortnite. I dropped fortnite to focus on the HSC and its been 2 months now, just 1 more exam
haha nice

whatafeeling

HSC
Get a job.
Anyone know any good places to work that isn’t fast food
I’ve never worked before either so this’ll be new for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Get a job.
Anyone know any good places to work that isn’t fast food
I’ve never worked before either so this’ll be new for me

BigW, Target, Woolies, Kmart, retail in general. If you're interested in something kind of long-term you could look at vacancies for receptionists

whatafeeling

HSC
Gonna watch a shit tonne of tv, draw heaps, play some overwatch and probably start playing fortnite

Also looking for a job
Shut the fu, yes I’m playing overwatch too. One of the things I sacrificed this past two years- can’t wait to get back

whatafeeling

HSC
BigW, Target, Woolies, Kmart, retail in general. If you're interested in something kind of long-term you could look at vacancies for receptionists
Thanks for the suggestions.
Honestly I did work experience in Year 10 as a receptionist at a medical centre and I hated it so much, I just couldn’t deal with all the patients and taking phone calls was THE WORST and I’m quite the introvert haha

Does Woolies and stuff take you if you have no experience. I’ve only got work experience in yr 10 and volunteering hours.

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Shut the fu, yes I’m playing overwatch too. One of the things I sacrificed this past two years- can’t wait to get back

Ayeeee, same here, started playing beginning of yr11 and only ever let myself play in school holidays when I'd finished all my studying.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Honestly I did work experience in Year 10 as a receptionist at a medical centre and I hated it so much, I just couldn’t deal with all the patients and taking phone calls was THE WORST and I’m quite the introvert haha

Does Woolies and stuff take you if you have no experience. I’ve only got work experience in yr 10 and volunteering hours.

No worries. I'm not sure, never applied or worked for woolies but I reckon they'd be happy with the experience you've got. No harm in trying.
Yeah I'm quite introverted too, made fast food a nightmare combined with my social anxiety. Would not recommend fast food to anyone who can't do well under pressure - I sure can't :lol:

Get my life together
Big mood

whatafeeling

HSC
Yeah I'm quite introverted too, made fast food a nightmare combined with my social anxiety. Would not recommend fast food to anyone who can't do well under pressure - I sure can't :lol:
My friends work in fast food and the stories they tell me about all the arrogant customers who just come in and start screaming at them gives me nightmares. I can’t imagine dealing with that

I think I’m going to try out Woolies since it’s walking distance for me and hopefully they just stick me in stocking shelves or something ahah I don’t mind working at the till either tho.

Makeone

HSC
Honestly, anywhere you go, you'll have stupid and arrogant customers that have a dumb haircut and screeching voices.

Receptioning or tutoring, especially one to one, is sooooo good (35 dollars an hour).

Other than those, working at Bunnings, David Jones or Myer is the best. But for Bunnings, you have to be over 15... which I'm guessing all of you are lol. Working at a store like Roni's is good because you get paid but you don't have to do very much. Kmart is really good too because you get paid weekly and have these little microphone things in your pocket and all the work is group based which is fun. Places like David Jones and Myer are good but sometimes the managers there can be bitchy lmao.

Hope this helped!! Also, if you work, prepare a tax file number (assuming all of you guys interested are over 18) and a bank account if you don't have one. Be mentally prepared for the ignorant customers and the annoying old music that plays in the stores.

I actually don't fit in here because my HSC's are in 2020 but yeah, thought I'd give my 2 cents.

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
Honestly, anywhere you go, you'll have stupid and arrogant customers that have a dumb haircut and screeching voices.

Receptioning or tutoring, especially one to one, is sooooo good (35 dollars an hour).

Other than those, working at Bunnings, David Jones or Myer is the best. But for Bunnings, you have to be over 15... which I'm guessing all of you are lol. Working at a store like Roni's is good because you get paid but you don't have to do very much. Kmart is really good too because you get paid weekly and have these little microphone things in your pocket and all the work is group based which is fun. Places like David Jones and Myer are good but sometimes the managers there can be bitchy lmao.

Hope this helped!! Also, if you work, prepare a tax file number (assuming all of you guys interested are over 18) and a bank account if you don't have one. Be mentally prepared for the ignorant customers and the annoying old music that plays in the stores.

I actually don't fit in here because my HSC's are in 2020 but yeah, thought I'd give my 2 cents.
Just so you know, you can get a TFN when you're under 18.

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
If you want alright money for no work, get Youth Allowance. $200+ a fortnight, and you can keep getting it as long as your other income is < $500 and you're studying full-time (OR looking for full-time work).

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
If you want alright money for no work, get Youth Allowance. $200+ a fortnight, and you can keep getting it as long as your other income is < $500 and you're studying full-time (OR looking for full-time work).
You can only rly get it if your parents don't earn much or you live alone or you pay rent in your house or you're in other financial difficulty etc etc. Working may reduce the payments you get too but I feel like working is better because you get experience for your resume.

Also imo fast food > retail for resume because it's arguably more stressful, have to be more quick on your feet and quick thinking, more communication/teamwork needed in a louder environment, and more. It's all personal preference but if I was back in high school I would've worked at maccas or something because it's too hard now if you're overqualified and if you're 18+ due to them having to pay more.

Tutoring is good if you want good money I guess!

mrstripedshades

HSC
You can only rly get it if your parents don't earn much or you live alone or you pay rent in your house or you're in other financial difficulty etc etc. Working may reduce the payments you get too but I feel like working is better because you get experience for your resume.

Also imo fast food > retail for resume because it's arguably more stressful, have to be more quick on your feet and quick thinking, more communication/teamwork needed in a louder environment, and more. It's all personal preference but if I was back in high school I would've worked at maccas or something because it's too hard now if you're overqualified and if you're 18+ due to them having to pay more.

Tutoring is good if you want good money I guess!
yea wish i worked maccas or something.

retail environments with kpis and sales performance is better than fast food though imo ( i dont have that)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)