post uai/ pre-uni blue (1 Viewer)

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Anyone feeling blue after seeing their uai? It's finally getting to me.:( Not because of shit uai, but phobia for change in uni life....
How to deal with it? Share your thought please.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
What are you worried about? Many people say university was the best years of their young adult lives.

cxlxoxk

HSC
me = the shit uai.

i'm sure uni will be great...if i can get in =(.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
I scare of extreme workload, no friends and change....:(, no cosy feeling.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
1. Life would be boring as hell if you don't go on a few adventures sometimes.

2. Life wouldn't be as enjoyable if you stressed too much about things, especially when they are things that you should be excited about, not stressed about.

What course are you going to do in which you're scared about extreme workload?

layzeehbum

HSC
uni is a reali daunting place....

i went to one of the lectures before and it was reali scary....
evry1 is so adult like.... it's like your the onli baby in the room....

i hav no idea how im gonna cope next year =(

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
When I told my sister I was going to UTS:

Her: YAY! I get to annoy you during O-Week! (she helps out with campus groups and stuff)
Me: Yeah okay...

Well my sister will be showing me around and stuff, and one of my friends might also be coming to UTS. I'm really looking forward to next year.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Yeah i suppose you're right.

Plan to do bus/law at UTS. It haunts me when I think about going through what I went through in HSC again in uni, and this time being non stop all year round :(.

friction

HSC
Im just a bit like its all over like im keen to go to uni but after all that i got a UAI that i wont even need a lot of so its just like :(.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
chewy123 said:
Plan to do bus/law at UTS. It haunts me when I think about going through what I went through in HSC again in uni, and this time being non stop all year round
If 'extreme workload' scares you so much, why are you opting for a career in law and/or possibly finance?

Anyway, let me put it this way, it's not really the workload that'll get to you because it's quite manageable and you'll even have time to enjoy uni life along the way.

What will get to you is the paranoia/pressure you put on yourself over things that aren't worthy of it, or if you over-compensated the level of concern as per actual reality of the situation.

Don't be like those kinds of people you hear of in the world of finance where everytime there is a downturn in the market (god forbid an economic catastrophe like the current one), they jump off the nearest tall building.

Last edited:

mudcake42

HSC
now I've decided what I"m going to do I can't wait. A bit daunted though, I'm moving out and have to very much support myself on casual work. Going to be a challenge...

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
mudcake42 said:
now I've decided what I"m going to do I can't wait. A bit daunted though, I'm moving out and have to very much support myself on casual work. Going to be a challenge...
What kind of finances will you have to pay for on your own? The obvious ones are food, textbooks, maybe public transport tickets.. ? Rent?

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
RogueAcademic said:
If 'extreme workload' scares you so much, why are you opting for a career in law and/or possibly finance?
To be honest, if $ and pressure is not a problem, teaching would be my first choice. But since they are probems indeed, the consequences of choosing teaching would too be fear and guilt. These two are my only area of interest after teaching. :(

RogueAcademic said:
What will get to you is the paranoia/pressure you put on yourself over things that aren't worthy of it, or if you over-compensated the level of concern as per actual reality of the situation.
I suppose you are very right, but yet it is so inevitable, how do I avoid it?

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
mudcake42 said:
That's a fear I have too. It's like the "cosy family behind you" feel is suddenly stripped off.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
chewy123 said:
I suppose you are very right, but yet it is so inevitable, how do I avoid it?
You're already making it tough on yourself if you're perceiving it as 'inevitable'. Who says it has to be inevitable? How is it that some people get through their busy lives well enough and some others don't handle things as well?

It comes down to you changing your state of mind and putting things in perspective. Some people need help, some people don't. Sure there's going to be some hard work ahead but if this is what you want to do, whatever your motivation is, then do it and try to enjoy life while you're at it. If you're really not enjoying it, then you need to do some serious soul-searching and find out what it is that makes you happy.

betonit169

My Username Sucks....
HSC
ive been depressed all day about my really good HSC marks yet shit UAI.

but ive realised that it isnt the end of the world, and there are ways around it.

I still can get into uni, and I'm doing film and television, and talent isnt judged on the UAI.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
Maybe you guys are from the new wave of upcoming kids, Generation E (for Emo).

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
betonit169 said:
I still can get into uni, and I'm doing film and television, and talent isnt judged on the UAI.
Where will you be doing FTV? Why are you feeling bad about your UAI then?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)