Post your 2007 University Offers Here! (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ok. this seems to be nuts. is there any chance at all you could take a screenshot of your UAI, as well as a screenshot of your offers page. This is incredibly controvertial - UNSW accepting students well below their cutoff, trying to have a fake cutoff higher than the other unis. You're not on some bonus marks scheme?

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
stazi said:
ok. this seems to be nuts. is there any chance at all you could take a screenshot of your UAI, as well as a screenshot of your offers page. This is incredibly controvertial - UNSW accepting students well below their cutoff, trying to have a fake cutoff higher than the other unis. You're not on some bonus marks scheme?
I don't even know what a bonus marks scheme is. I think they could have put in some new system. Just wait and check the news headlines tomorrow.

I'll PM you my UAI/offer thing later if i can be bothered/find the time... i'm so freaking busy at the moment! But you can rest assured, i'm being completely honest.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
don't worry. i believe you. im just very interested in this. cover up your name, too, or i can do it for you, and we can submit it into the papers. this should be a great story.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
...youre disapointed you got into your first preference...?

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
stazi said:
don't worry. i believe you. im just very interested in this. cover up your name, too, or i can do it for you, and we can submit it into the papers. this should be a great story.
I might submit it, but only after i start doing my course. I don't exactly want to create publicity...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
whats the difference if you dont show your name, or UAC number, etc, though

stazi

Nightman
HSC
then why didnt you put usyd/unsw as your first preference? furthermore, you can apply for the later rounds.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah youve got a high enough uai to compete in the late round
go for usyd

stazi

Nightman
HSC
there still may be vacancies for the next round, as people dont all accept their offers. you never got into a psychology course. you got into an arts course, with a major in psychology. you can apply for b arts at usyd, for instance, and then transfer to b psych (or b arts (psychology)) in later years. you can still try to do a psych major in b arts

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
because my uai's below the cut-off for the psychology courses @ unsw and usyd, plus there's no more vacancies left.

excuse me while I go kill myself >_<
Ok :santa:

Thing is if do a bachelor of science at either usyd or unsw, and can maintain a D average throughout you should be able to progress straight into a bachelor of science (psychology).

Psychology is a 4 years honours course normally so even if you do mac psych, if you end up with say a credit average throughout they will ask you to transfer into either an arts or science course where psychology becomes your MAJOR (but you won't be able to practise pysch professionally).

It's late, but i'm pretty sure that should be right :eek:

and i think i pretty much said what stazi said :confused:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
he is correct. to practice as a psychologist you need a distinction average. otherwise you walk away with a simple arts or science degree. and stop whinging if you dont want help

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
stazi said:
he is correct. to practice as a psychologist you need a distinction average. otherwise you walk away with a simple arts or science degree. and stop whinging if you dont want help
Orsum i always wanted validation from stazi.

By the way congrats on the bachelor of commerce liberal studies at usyd. Now i'm going to have to attempt that same transfer because of that jump in the uai this year :p

sx4daboiz

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
At UNSW you only need a credit average

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Bobness said:
Orsum i always wanted validation from stazi.

By the way congrats on the bachelor of commerce liberal studies at usyd. Now i'm going to have to attempt that same transfer because of that jump in the uai this year :p
haha cheers. you shouldnt have a problem with a d average, considering my uai was 92.75 :p you can also do the same subjects as com (lib). what you taking next sem?
ill be doing:

acct1001 - accounting 1A
claw1001 - commercial transactions A
mktg3117 - services marketing
govt1202 - world politics

and sem 2
acct1002 - accounting 1B
ibus2102 - cross-cultural management
mktg3112 - marketing communications
ECOF1001 Communication and Critical Analysis 1A

not looking forward to three first year units, though :p also considering how shit i went in govt1406, im afraid of that subject.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Bobness said:
Fail.

All unis require a distinction average in psych.
im not sure. maybe uws has a pass average :p i only know usyd's rules, but i think i read somewhere unsw requires a d avg, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)