Post your 2007 University Offers Here! (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yes you can accept another offer in the next round if you accept this one

tigergal

Wests Tigers Supporter
HSC
Bachelor of Education (Primary education) at usyd which was my first preference :)

haque

HSC
panicstation said:
As with all courses, the actual UAIs which people have to get in to courses are quite different to listed cutoffs. I'm sure you know people who are enrolled at Sydney doing law with UAIs of less than the quoted cutoff off 99.6.

Since I saw her UAI myself; and I can read the offers in the Herald, I know this is right in her case.

btw, it doesn't give the course less status if it takes in people with marks lower than 99.95. It doesn't diminish your achievements which are considerable. Congratulations.

And if you are still unsure, please read the many posts before which will tell you about people who got into courses with lowerr UAIs than published.
Ok then, it's just what it said on the site and since they only take a few ppl i didn't think there'd be ppl below that-congrats to ur friend, medicine's medicine and getting into uws with 93 is a great achievement as well-i don't think that jst cos someone's uai was less or their course uai was less doesn't mean it's a small achievement, i jst honestly knew usyd as having the highest. Thanx for the congratulations tho-but i didn't back up my case cos i felt insecure, i would have been still happy if i'd made it into other med course it's just usyd was 1st preference for me. Good luck with whatever u do in the future panicstation and i wasn't trying to talk harshly or anything in my previous post if that's what u thought.

kimberlin

HSC
hi , i`m REALLY confused .
the csp for b optom and b sci = 98.75 . whilst dffe = 99.50 .
i've been double checking the whole night !

does ANYONE else find this slightly disturbing and consistent with error ?
if you got 99.5 - why would you go dffe when you could go to csp . =/

Raginsheep

HSC
kimberlin said:
hi , i`m REALLY confused .
the csp for b optom and b sci = 98.75 . whilst dffe = 99.50 .
i've been double checking the whole night !

does ANYONE else find this slightly disturbing and consistent with error ?
if you got 99.5 - why would you go dffe when you could go to csp . =/
Cause theres less DFEE places perhaps?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
the point of DFEE is for people who dont get the UAI (but have the money) to be allowed to attend uni.

kimberlin

HSC
Raginsheep said:
Cause theres less DFEE places perhaps?
yerh, but if you didn't get 98.75, how could you be expected to get 99.50 and vice versa, if you got 99.50 why would you pay the extra money ~ when you're guanteed to be accepted . then again, it might be a typo .

i emailed the dean at unsw and will post his response if / when i get it .

kimberlin

HSC
stazi said:
the point of DFEE is for people who dont get the UAI (but have the money) to be allowed to attend uni.
the DFEE is higher --" lols .

Bob.

HSC
stazi said:
he is correct. to practice as a psychologist you need a distinction average. otherwise you walk away with a simple arts or science degree. and stop whinging if you dont want help
"Psychology 4 Honours

Prerequisite for entry: A major in Psychology (as above) with an average of Credit or better across the prescribed PSYC2000 level units of study and across the PSYC3000 level units of study that make up the remainder of the 48 credit points which must include PSYC3010." usyd website

where are you getting a distinction average from? thats just for a B psych to progress to the next year of study. or am i completly wrong and am gonna be very disappointed after i get my honours finding out i cant become a psychologist?

rossverg

HSC
I got into pharmacy at USYD! Pretty happy but still kind of disappoitned I didnt get into any of my top 3 preference Hopefully I will get an offer in the later rounds!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Bob. said:
"Psychology 4 Honours

Prerequisite for entry: A major in Psychology (as above) with an average of Credit or better across the prescribed PSYC2000 level units of study and across the PSYC3000 level units of study that make up the remainder of the 48 credit points which must include PSYC3010." usyd website

where are you getting a distinction average from? thats just for a B psych to progress to the next year of study. or am i completly wrong and am gonna be very disappointed after i get my honours finding out i cant become a psychologist?
Progression requirements
A minimum requirement for progression in the BPsych is as follows:

* Credit average in Junior Psychology units of study
* Distinction average in Intermediate and Senior Psychology units of study.

A student who fails to meet progression requirements will be transferred to the BSc.

A student may not enrol in Psychology Honours until they have completed 144 credit points of units of study and have satisfied all requirements for the BPsych except those related to Honours.

Honours in the BPsych
Admission

To qualify to enrol in the honours course, students shall have completed 144 credit points as specified in Resolution 5 (1) of the BPsych including completion of all Intermediate and Senior units of study in Psychology with an average grade of Distinction or better.

Last edited:

Bob.

HSC
yeah but you said

Originally Posted by stazi
he is correct. to practice as a psychologist you need a distinction average. otherwise you walk away with a simple arts or science degree. and stop whinging if you dont want help

in your thing from the usyd website its just to do with the B psych, not to become a recognise psychologist, which you can do if you do it in an arts or science degree cant you?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i seem to recall someone saying that you can't be accredited unless you do b psych. something about being able to do psychological research, etc, but not actually practice psychology with people.

i mean, what would be the point of doing b psychology if you could become a psychologist just by doing arts or science, or even commerce (liberal studies)?

it shouldnt be that hard to transfer into b psych though.

Last edited:

Bob.

HSC
Nah i think you can. once you get into honours, which you probably need to get a d average to get in, you're bunched in with everyone because its such a small honours program (i think). you can only become a registered psychologist once you've completed a masters degree or done 2 year clinical work exp. once again i hope this is right because its what I'm counting on. And the point of doing a b psych is that it actually allows you to do more psych units than in a BA or other degrees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)