Post your Major Work! (1 Viewer)

MeZz

HSC
SmiLeyZ said:
hey mezz...have u selected??
is it done by acrylics or oils...looks nice man!!!

Thanx, our artworks haven't been marked yet, this week sometime I think

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
well u're submitting it as painting right? I think they look like band 6 paintings... not as good as that guy that did paintings of cakes and stuff (they were amazing) but i definately think u should get a band 6... don't get ur hopes up tho cuz u kno.. they're pretty weird with their old marking allocations...

cuivienen

HSC
Woah those are impressive Mezz...Good luck with those marks...however, I wouldn't be too worried, you'll get a great mark, because your work is just so beautiful! *applaudes*

MeZz

HSC
cuivienen said:
Woah those are impressive Mezz...Good luck with those marks...however, I wouldn't be too worried, you'll get a great mark, because your work is just so beautiful! *applaudes*
Fanx dude, - bit of relief

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
i was NOT IN THE LEAST concerned thank you very much as I thought I deserved it. I put months of work into that you have no idea. It was actually 6 panels, and there wasnt ANY red used in it..so obviously you didnt even take a very hard look at it or read the citation. I did the whole thing using my HANDS with oil sticks and did 3 layers on each of the 6. i put my hands & fingers through months of pain for it i had NO help or guidance from an art teacher and ended up getting 49/50 as my trial mark for it.
I kinda disagree with that guy... good on him for painting a work with oil sticks and just adding '3 layers' onto 6 panels...No help or guidance from an art teacher? All they do is tell you bs, i think that would be a positive thing more than a negative..
I liked works with meaning! i really do!
But i don't like a work that's just like... 'BLUE - Think of all the things that are blue, this is them in their pureist sense!!'...

Anyway, each to their own i guess.

cuivienen

HSC
No worries Mezz :) ...

Ah I remember that blue major work...first room in art express this year?

cuivienen

HSC
Well it looks like that person got pretty angry with the remarks made about his/her work...But with art comes positive and negative evaluations and criticisms...Many people don't like my work since its abstract, but they are entitled to their opinion, which is fair enough...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I like your work... i see that it's abstract but i can see some thought put into it etc,
I cannot see any point to blue... 'I like rowing, water'.... good for u son, surely u can express it better than plain blueness...

cuivienen

HSC

Hehe...I see what you mean...But does that member still post around here? Maybe he/she could give us some in depth response about the work so we can make a conclusion about it...

P*O*R*T*I*A

HSC
oh I didn't like that blue smush work at all... that makes me really puzzled why some people on this board didnt get selected. Its such a weird system! I would hav put that work in the bottom of band 5.

_kc

HSC
N/A
I think it was a girl that did that Blue painting, I was looking at the ArtExpress book and there was a picture of her working on the blueness.

I really liked that collection of artworks some girl did on her grandfather, omfg they were so damn amazing.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I would of given it a band 3 judging by the hsc syllabus, at most you only get half a mark for ur conceptual and the rest is technical. I don't believe she/he did anything, explored the medium any further than a child with finger paints.

edit: those grandpa works were amazing.

piratedebbie

HSC
hmm here u go... im scared, but i guess its a good chnace , tell me wat u think if ya want:)

piratedebbie

HSC
hahaha thanks mate. they r pretty big too (thought this would add to the whole effect of 'bigness') hah... 70x50 inches - watvere that is in cm
i was amazed at how quickly i could do them , as i got a really low low mark initially from my teacers ... becoz all id done was half of the bum one and none of the others.... so i had to start and finish them in a weekend. it was very fun! and i got selected for artexpress so im stoked it payed off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)