Post your results and wam thread (s2/14) (1 Viewer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Same thing happened to me in 1st year, engg1000 made my wam so difficult to lift, worst course for me but all my mates thought it was an easy HD (they didnt do elec project tho lol -.-)
Nah in second sem its a lot worse when you have a lazy course convenor and project organiser. We have separate technical streams as well. It runs quite differently in second sem.

Yeah bridge is apparently easiest lol.

Congrats on the marks and topping MMAN2600 and the WAM though!

kahin

HSC
Econ1102 81
econ1401 74
econ2206 82
fins1612 85

wam 80.5

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
T2 EDST1104 Social Perspectives in Educ......56 PS
T2 MATH1081 Discrete Mathematics.............74 CR
T2 MATH1231 Mathematics 1B...................79 DN
T2 PHYS1160 Introduction to Astronomy........73 CR

gg wam

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
T2 EDST1104 Social Perspectives in Educ......56 PS
T2 MATH1081 Discrete Mathematics.............74 CR
T2 MATH1231 Mathematics 1B...................79 DN
T2 PHYS1160 Introduction to Astronomy........73 CR

gg wam
Is astronomy harder now?

amandada

HSC
N/A
Would you still recommend it as a gen ed?
Good gen-ed. Though lots and lots of effort. If you put the work in, guaranteed HD. I got 90.

I recommend GENS5003 as an easy online gen-ed without lots of effort. Two reports and 1 google-able MC quiz. Marks well and really interesting too. One of the tasks was 'Write a report about the disappearance of MH370 and the possible causes of it's disappearances' and the other was "Write a report about unruly passenger behaviour and its effects on the airline industry.' Pretty much took less then 1 week of work to complete the whole course.

Randox

HSC
N/A
Good gen-ed. Though lots and lots of effort. If you put the work in, guaranteed HD. I got 90.

I recommend GENS5003 as an easy online gen-ed without lots of effort. Two reports and 1 google-able MC quiz. Marks well and really interesting too. One of the tasks was 'Write a report about the disappearance of MH370 and the possible causes of it's disappearances' and the other was "Write a report about unruly passenger behaviour and its effects on the airline industry.' Pretty much took less then 1 week of work to complete the whole course.
Isn't like most of astro just free marks with the quizzes being googled and also cheat sheets? Where is the effort needed? In the essay? I still think effort is needed in any course to go well in but I would imagine less for astro

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

I was actually looking into GENS5003 and it looked more interesting than astro imo, i was just worried that it was a wam killer because i couldn't find any info on it. I'll ptobably do that now, especially if you're saying it is fairly straightforward. Thanks for the input

amandada

HSC
N/A
Isn't like most of astro just free marks with the quizzes being googled and also cheat sheets? Where is the effort needed? In the essay? I still think effort is needed in any course to go well in but I would imagine less for astro
No there were no cheat sheets for Astro. Unless you had a friend and could cross check answers. Did find a couple of past papers on the net though. The quizzes were time-consuming because weren't MCs. They were 'pick the ones that apply' and some of the options were pretty obscure so took some time to find.

For astro there is basically an assessment or mini assessment every single week ranging from bi-weekly fully cited discussion contributions, quizzes, a short answer test, a 2k word essay, contribution submission and a final exam. None were hard, it was just time consuming due to the volume of work required. It's a course where your marks are directly correlated with the time you put. If you put in the required effort a guaranteed HD is there.

I still recommend it and would do it again if I had the choice. But there are better gen-eds out there if you're looking for a bludge. Check out GENS5003 and the sex gen-ed lol. I heard that was quite easy too.

I was actually looking into GENS5003 and it looked more interesting than astro imo, i was just worried that it was a wam killer because i couldn't find any info on it. I'll ptobably do that now, especially if you're saying it is fairly straightforward. Thanks for the input
Yeah I really enjoyed it. Minimal effort, easy marks and interesting content. Pretty much the perfect gen-ed. Highly recommend. :)

Last edited:

Randox

HSC
N/A
No there were no cheat sheets for Astro. Unless you had a friend and could cross check answers. Did find a couple of past papers on the net though. The quizzes were time-consuming because weren't MCs. They were 'pick the ones that apply' and some of the options were pretty obscure so took some time to find.

For astro there is basically an assessment or mini assessment every single week ranging from bi-weekly fully cited discussion contributions, quizzes, a short answer test, a 2k word essay, contribution submission and a final exam. None were hard, it was just time consuming due to the volume of work required. It's a course where your marks are directly correlated with the time you put. If you put in the required effort a guaranteed HD is there.

I still recommend it and would do it again if I had the choice. But there are better gen-eds out there if you're looking for a bludge. Check out GENS5003 and the sex gen-ed lol. I heard that was quite easy too.

Yeah I really enjoyed it. Minimal effort, easy marks and interesting content. Pretty much the perfect gen-ed. Highly recommend. :)
Thanks heaps for the info :) Will consider doing GENS5003 next sem

amandada

HSC
N/A
Thanks heaps for the info :) Will consider doing GENS5003 next sem
No worries. :) I only did it because another BOSer recommended it to me so happy to pay it forward.
And it truly needs more awareness considering Astro fills like 900 spots in a couple days whilst there were only like 30 people in the GENS course when I did it.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
No worries. :) I only did it because another BOSer recommended it to me so happy to pay it forward.
And it truly needs more awareness considering Astro fills like 900 spots in a couple days whilst there were only like 30 people in the GENS course when I did it.
Nah astro isn't even full yet and we've been able to enrol for a month and a half now.

a19901213

HSC
I did Astro in first semester this year and I absolutely hated it. It wasn't hard but it required lots of workload for the forum discussion or whatever they call it.

GENS5003 is definitely better course to get higher wam and it's more fun. I did it last year and it was great.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
I did Astro in first semester this year and I absolutely hated it. It wasn't hard but it required lots of workload for the forum discussion or whatever they call it.

GENS5003 is definitely better course to get higher wam and it's more fun. I did it last year and it was great.
Would being active on bos translate to good marks in the forum discussion or w/e?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)