Post your Sem 1 - Autumn 2012 - Timetable Here! (1 Viewer)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Post your timetable for first sem here, and what subjects are you doing? Working along with uni?

Last edited:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Here's my timetable for first semester this year, just a little on the 'fml' side.

Working as well.

Subjects:

Economics for Business
Business Statistics
Communication for IT Professionals
Programming Fundamentals

broncos123

HSC
N/A
I haven't' made mine yet but I need some advice. I'm doing Business/Law and it requires 10-15 hours per week. How do you recommend I set out my timetable? Work is not an issue, as Uni is the main priority.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I haven't' made mine yet but I need some advice. I'm doing Business/Law and it requires 10-15 hours per week. How do you recommend I set out my timetable? Work is not an issue, as Uni is the main priority.
Depends on a couple of things.

How far do you live/how long is the travel? Other commitments (even if you're not working now, you may want to work in the future), cost of travel (may or may not be an issue).

I always aim to keep uni 2 days a week, gives me 5 days for other things, also because travel is a pain, it's about 3 hours total each day (there and back - car/train/walk to UTS) plus it keeps the cost of travel down to $12 a week ($6 a day, pretty cheap). Generally, 3 days is what most people like to have, it spreads out their timetable, about 4-5 hours a day and is relatively easy to get through, lectures dont really require too much effort, tutes do (some dont, such as marketing).

Other people (a lot of my friends) did it 4 days a week, 1 subject each day, throughout the whole year, they lasted but found it a pain to get there each day, took them minimum 1 hour each day to get there, so it's a lot of time spent on travel, but they dont really have anything else to do either and so they spend their time at uni (mostly it's just come, attend and go which takes up most of their day).

You can search for the class timings on this site: http://timetable.uts.edu.au/

Just click 2012 Class timetable builder and then enter the subject code, which you can find in your handbook or on the UTS My Student Admin it'll give you a rough indication of what times the subject is available and how many classes they have. If you can adjust your timetable according to which subjects you want to do/which subjects fit into the days you want to go (which is what I usually do, see what are available on 2 days and then select them in My Student Admin).

Alternatively, you can follow the handbook (available here) and what it recommends according to what major you want to do, but it usually spreads it across 4 days, 1 subject each day, and in the end it ends up the same anyway, so it doesn't matter what you do first and what you do last, it'll end up the same anyway.

erespall

Pirate Lord.. Arrr
HSC
hey iRuler,

Im doing 1st year and was wondering whats the best sort of combination of the core to ease into uni, basically whats the easiest set in your opinion because I'm trying to get a D. avg to be able to combine it with law.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
hey iRuler,

Im doing 1st year and was wondering whats the best sort of combination of the core to ease into uni, basically whats the easiest set in your opinion because I'm trying to get a D. avg to be able to combine it with law.
For the core, there's 8 subjects, and you'll go through all 8 in the first year anyway, so it doesn't really matter, maybe start off with Accounting A, IBP, Marketing and Economics and then do the remaining 4 in second semester, or if your major isn't accounting, you could do the pre req for your major and then do some subjects from your major in second sem if you want. D average shouldn't be too hard with constant effort.

tofeecrunch

HSC
Hi Clank, you doing biotech by any chance? my timetable is kinda similar to yours!

Clank_

HSC
Hi Clank, you doing biotech by any chance? my timetable is kinda similar to yours!
I'm doing Science and International Studies, I'm not too sure yet what to major in but it's something in the life/environmental sciences. Biotech though is one I've been contemplating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)