POST your SOC&CULT Trial MARKS HERE! (1 Viewer)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by Survivor39
Well, Maths is harder than Society and Culture. It's undeniable. :)
i can assure you many people in my class would disagree with that - those who achieve band 6 in maths and band 4's (if they're lucky) in S & C.

maths is very straightforward - you're either right or wrong. society and culture isn't that black and white.

keep in mind also that if you're doing the subject properly you're supposed to be looking at several social theories. which isn;t exactly light reading. :)

spacesnail

only 75%, which I was dissapointed about, becasue up until now I have been getting like 90 - 98% for everything. So yeah... boo hoo

krissy7685

i agree with spin..

i think maths is easier... if u know the formula and how to apply it... ur fine... its either right or wrong... there is no "ulterior(i never knew what a strange word it was until i typed it there) motive in the question ,...

maths is shit i hate it...
but its wayyy easier than sac

young_gurl

Maths is on Monday and im so dreading it...going to study one day for it and hope i get 50% * fingers crossed* and toes!
but i hope i do well in society

xanthanotus

HSC
lol...98% and laughing lol...have absolutly no idea how it hppened but sure as hell happy it did lol!!!

swangal

84%..but i stuffed up a section. n 88 is my final asses mark 4 society n culture- which is gr8 for me cos i really hate the subject. our teacher is so airy fairy about it all and no1 in my class has any idea whatsoeva about what we're suppossed 2kno...
o well looks like ill be studyin off the syllabus! (sigh)
Good luck evry1- hope u all get band 6! :)

shazabdazla

Originally posted by young_gurl
does our assesment mark mean anything in the HSC?!
...kind of...your assessment rank matters more. your internal assessment serves the purpose of ranking students and relative "gaps" in marks/abilities between them. this internal mark is scaled.

your hsc mark is an average of your scaled internal mark and your scaled hsc mark, if that makes sense.

young_gurl

how does ur HSC exam mark get scaled?...if the whole class fails is that gunna make a differebce in scaling?

shazabdazla

ok...this is a little complicated, but basically, say in their internal assessent someone came mid-position (eg 12/30) in their class mark, and the average class mark was 60 in the trials. now, if you got 80% in the hsc, but the class average is 40%, then your internal mark would be around 40%. this is how the hsc exam affects internal scaling. if you came first in your class, however, your internal mark should be equal to or close to the top score in the hsc exam....i guess this doesn't really answer your question...

i'm not to sure about the scaling of the hsc mark...check this out in the technical archana forum.....

young_gurl

OMg thats terrible!..so i guess its just how well ur doing in the hsc exam and u rank then!...

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
The moderation process is complex. but this is what basically happens.
If you ranked first in the class, you will receive the highest exam as your moderated assessment mark. average this mark with YOUR exam mark.
Similarly, If you came second in the course, you will receive round the second highest exam mark (it doesn't have to be your exam mark, it could be anyone's mark, but it must be the second highest) as your moderated assessment mark.
and so on...

This process of moderation happens for ALL your courses.

young_gurl

but what does it get moderated with ?? my internal asessment mark? say im coming 1st for a topic and my internal asessment is 89 and i get 80 for the exam mark will i get in the 80's for my scaled mark?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
but what does it get moderated with ?? my internal asessment mark? say im coming 1st for a topic and my internal asessment is 89 and i get 80 for the exam mark will i get in the 80's for my scaled mark?
I think you got something mixed up. Aligning applies to Raw exam marks and HSC marks.
Scaling refers to UAI.

Which one are you talking about?
Your internal assessment mark doesn't really matter. your rank and your relative difference between you and other people matter. Your assessment mark is moderated with exam marks from your school

say im coming 1st for a topic and my internal asessment is 89 and i get 80 for the exam mark will i get in the 80's for my scaled mark?
If 80% in your school is the highest exam mark, then yes, you will get 80 in your moderated assessment mark. Plus your 80 exam mark to get 80 HSC mark.

krissy7685

I will never understand it either young gurl.. we're in the same boat and its SINKING haha j/k

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)