Postman banned Non-English Speakers (1 Viewer)

MissSarajevo

HSC
Sri Lankan postmaster who refuses to serve non-English speakers faces calls from Muslims to be sacked

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 4:56 PM on 20th March 2009

The postmaster who banned customers who can't speak English from his branch today faced calls for him to be sacked from angry local Muslims.

Sri Lankan-born Deva Kumarasiri introduced the ban this week because he believes all immigrants in Britain should learn the language and take pride in the new homeland.

Mr Kumarasiri, who runs Sneinton Boulevard Post Office in inner-city Nottingham, moved here 18 years ago and says everyone should embrace British culture.

His bold stand against nonintegration has sent a shudder of political correctness down whatever spine the post office has these days, and infuriated some local do-gooders who accused him of inciting division among the community.
But a few minutes spent with the 40-year-old Liberal Democrat councillor are about all it takes to establish his motives are pure – and that he’s driven only by a passion for the country he loves.
‘Nobody stands up for anything in Britain any more,’ he said.

‘It’s the best country in the world as far as I’m concerned, but the great country I once called Great Britain has changed a lot since I came here.

‘All I’m doing is telling people if they want to live in Britain, be British. Don’t boo our soldiers when they come home from Iraq. Don’t live your life without embracing our culture. Don’t stay here without making any effort to learn the language. And if you don’t want to be British, go home.’
The Postman Patriot: He's facing the sack but insists he won't back down on his pro-British stance | Mail Online

:headbang:

Barmble

HSC
Islam is just not compatible with a western democracy.

greekgun

HSC
Islam is just not compatible with a western democracy.
Yeah that's kinda obvious.
Although the postie was wrong in banning non English speakers because his job is to serve anyone who is willing to pay money for their service. But his intentions were defiantly in the right place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)