Powerplay in WC3 (1 Viewer)

ssj_goku

Hi everyone. For powerplay, I noticed alot of videogames (particularly strat/rpg) seemed to have a great deal of relevance, or at least more than some texts endorsed by the BOS over the years.

In Warcraft for example, the interactive element and conquest style of the game reinforces the notion of the thirst for power. In the plot, you see that absolute power corrupts absolutely (the demon Sargeras was once a "good-guy"). The fact that the games races and storyline set up a gothic good vs evil system is subverted by the fact that the good guys (Garrithos, human Arthas, Maiev) are probably less honourable than the villains (Kel-Thuzad, Death Knight Arthas, Illidan), indicating that all races are driven by the lust for power. The near annihilation of the Drenai people at the hands of the blood lusted orcs demonstrates the victims that arise from the crusade for power.

Anyway, while that analysis wasn't particularly in-deapth or completely serious, I would like to ask if anyone thinks a video-game text such as this or Black and White would be laughed at if used as a related texts.

tempco

HSC
But you'll be marked by older people, most probably not very fond of computer games.. so my opinion wouldn't count for much...

ssj_goku

Thats what I thought too. Although maybe they'll gradually become more acceptable when people are able to separate them from "pong". Like how anime gradually became separated from Superfriends and accepted for what its worth.

tempco

HSC
hehe.. yep.. but for that to happen, there has to be pioneers.. people who will be criticised.. and marked down for trying something new.. :p

ssj_goku

True. Hey maybe I could the BOS's dogmatic rejection of "certain" texts to assert its own power as a text itself. I see many parallels with the RC Church in the Renaissance. Now all we need is a Galileo.:D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
/me points at any RTS and the fact that the player is given god powers...

/me tells BoS markers to eat the proverbial asshole if they dont think it is relevant...

/me watches his fail being written in :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)