Powerplay - Related Texts (1 Viewer)

pleasehelpme

HSC
Hey don't be freaked about the HSC. I'm doing pathways so i did the HSC last year as well as this year and its not really any different to exams you do during the year. Well at least that was what it was like at my school. Good luck!!

Zazo

Pharmacist :)
On earth, on a huge island, in the best city, Sydn
HSC
Uni Grad
pleasehelpme said:
Hey don't be freaked about the HSC. I'm doing pathways so i did the HSC last year as well as this year and its not really any different to exams you do during the year. Well at least that was what it was like at my school. Good luck!!
Yeah thanx for the advice i'm starting to get over the HSC thing but still we have to study hard to get a good UAI and i'm worried i won't achieve what i want oh well :)

SagiVen

HSC
umm..how many related texts do we really need??? i hope the max is 3 coz i still cant find any text that will be easy to use...

williamc

HSC
SagiVen said:
umm..how many related texts do we really need??? i hope the max is 3 coz i still cant find any text that will be easy to use...

xashtrayxgirlx

HSC
my school is doing the documentary "after mabo" as our set text and i have no idea of additional texts to link with it . any suggestions?

satinssister

HSC
im also looking for help with related texts...

english equals death for me at the moment lol

do you think i could use clockwork orange for an ORM???

LET ME KNOW ASAP PLEASE!!!!!

xox

godfairy2563652

HSC
hi all.
i just spent like the past half an hour reading all these texts and does anyone think the movie "the usual suspects" would be a good one. i tried to relate it into crime fiction and now im trying to relate it in with powerplay so that i can use the same supplementary text. is that allowed.
anyway, thanks in advance
later

Mrs Tahu

HSC
N/A
Smiddy said:
HELP!!!

does anyone have any related texts for powerplay?

Smiddy
i used HItler for my text. it works heaps good especially wen ure tlkn bout how he played mind games nd shit like hw cleopatra used manipulation to get her own way with antony nd that. i used the video by leni Riefenstahl called triumph pf the will. its a good film i enjoyed it.

janie123

HSC
Hey ...first post YaY lol.. well yeah we have done antony n cleopatra in english n i was gonna do gladiator for a related text n so i need another 1, i was thinkin a poem ...so if any ones got any good powerplay poems that would be awesome if u could reply
thank!!!

pandoralockhart

HSC
hello all!
heres a few that i suggest,
Cleopatra- the movie- ( how is her power presented etc)
Rome- 12 prt doco- (with a famous cleo sex scene, apparently it is good for the representation of power..)
elizabeth- is a good one

Also- think present context- how is power in the american, australian, and britan presented in newspapers?
Imperial- Queen elizabeth II / cleopatra
America/Bush- ceaser
Australia....mark antony ( in that australia is conquered by both its british connections to royalty (like antony was "conquered" by cleo) and American culture is over taking the way of life in australia-with media influences-"OC" etc.
the only issue is you'd have to find a text- but its an idea of what to look for!
Also- Charles/diana/carmilla = Antony/cleo/ (fulvia or octavia)
- information can be found in news articles etc`

janie123

HSC
Hey thanks for the idea about the painting, i'll check it out .....
well i was wondering if anyone had any notes about Gladiater (p.s awesome movie) jus to give me a bit of a start...that would be great!!:)

spongebob85

HSC
hey i'm doing an assessment on powerplay and i was wondering if u could help me understand the poem "the sun rising" by john donne i find it really interesting but cant completely get my head around how it uses power in it... reply as soon as u could please... thank you

rikkiherbert

HSC
i have the exact same problem... we are studying 1984 by George Orwell and are learning all the totalitarian crap.. so do the related text have to involve that.

can some one please define what powerplay actually is...

maivo

HSC
I think powerplay is the fluidity of power.. how it is always in transition. changing hands through manipulation, intelligence or mere brutality?

im guessing :)

HSC
I'm doing Shawshank redemption (movie) and Animal Farm (george orwell)

And my 2 back ups are lies by leunig(cartoon) and girl interrupted...

do u think it is bad to do the same author??? Burt animal farm if so filled with power stuff that i really want to do it.

jonoob

HSC
I'm doing the poem Ozymandias by Percy Shelley, and my teacher also gave me a political cartoon that relates to it from a few years ago. But i am keeping animal farm in reserve because i think i understand it beter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)