ppl accepting offers from unsw (1 Viewer)

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Just ask the uni for information on the majors that you have to choose from.
Then make your own decision.

Just a question, if you hated SDD and Maths, why are you doing computer science? :p

is a roflcopter
HSC
Originally posted by Minai
Your timetable is compiled as you submit your enrolment - ie when u finish choosing ur subjects, your timetable will be viewable (along with any clashes)
i thought we could choose what times we can go?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Newbie
i thought we could choose what times we can go?
yes thats wat I mean - when u enrol, u are actually choosing the times u want

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Dash you a clever one. I DONT want to do Computer science. Huge emphasis on DONT. I initally did what to do it last october when we submitted our uni prefrences but then had a long hard thought and decieded otherwise. When I got my UAI I thought I'd never make computer science anyways do I didnt bother with changing the prefrences. THEN the unimaginable happened. Now I'm just hoping and praying to get into B commerce/B arts at wollongong Late / Final offers. I know i should have changed my prefrences and dozens of people have told me that but I'm just plain lazy and now I seem to be stuck with it. *Sigh*

sunny

meh.
HSC
Originally posted by Snapwizard
Sunny , Your doing compute science!! I need some help over here, please. Anyways I thought when you choose Computer science, you just to the course but now people are telling me of all this individual subjects within the course to choose from. I always thought that first Year was common year and everyone does the same stuff. If I have to choose individual subjects on enrollment , recommand some subjects. Ps gont and Band 5 in SDD but i hate it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much. And I also got Band 5 in Mathematics but I'd rather do as less math as possible. Thanks in advance!!
Computer Science is a flexible program. There is not one session where you do not do electives.

When you picked Computer Science, you picked the Computer Science program. A program is consisted of subjects/courses, which when you finish, you get your degree.

In first year Computer Science, there are a number of core subjects that you must enrol in - all the other subjects are electives.

Don't say I'm selling Computer Science to you here (I not a big fan of maths either), but DO NOT let SDD be an indication of what Computer Science is - SDD is more of an indication of Information Systems and Software Engineering - Computer Science is broader than that.

You can't avoid maths in first year, if you want the minimum maths, you'll be looking at MATH1131 Math 1A, MATH1231 Math 1B, and MATH1081 Discrete Maths. After that in first year, there is no more compulsory maths (though many go on to do Finite Mathematics).

My interests might differ from yours so its hard for me to recommened 'good' subjects to you :).

Try look at some of the science's, like physics or INFS subject.s

Last edited:

kouri

well w t f
HSC
kinda scary to see how i might bump into these weirdos in the same classes...

*looks around*

sunny

meh.
HSC
me too.....but umm......why algorithms *shivers* all of a sudden?

kouri

well w t f
HSC
the words ..softeng is 'shit hard' and.. 25% drop down to comp sci or something...

realllly...scares me.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Most people I know so far aren't finding seng that hard.......especially when every CSE degree do almost the same subjects in first year.

You'll soon find when you get to CSE seng is known as the paper work subject.

kouri

well w t f
HSC
first year is alright..

but..what about the later ones...
hmmmmmmmm

oh well. i guess if i work my butt off for once ;)

bUT I"M SO lazy. blah :)

paper work -_-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)