ppl accepting offers from unsw (1 Viewer)

sunny

meh.
HSC
I feel sorry for you guys....having to be the guinea pigs for the new system.

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
its horrible

i rang up the unsw enquiries line to pay the credit card on the phone

i got put on a queue with some dickhead voice shouting i've been placed in a queue every 15 seconds, in the queue for like a damn hour then i hung up.. must have heard the guy say it about 200 times or something, argh pissing me off

milktea

Originally posted by cyrax83
its horrible

i rang up the unsw enquiries line to pay the credit card on the phone

i got put on a queue with some dickhead voice shouting i've been placed in a queue every 15 seconds, in the queue for like a damn hour then i hung up.. must have heard the guy say it about 200 times or something, argh pissing me off
i know i know, when i rang up the unsw enquiries line(rang twice) the girls always put me on hold cause they couldn't answer my questions about alternative payment, i was actually pretty stupid of choosing epay, dunno what i was thinkin' back then.....guess i'll still have to ring up tomorrow to ask for my reference no. >.<

milktea

Originally posted by cyrax83
i dont even have my reference number either :confused:

hopefully they'll email us a receipt or something, ask when you ring them up
nah, cause when i pressed epay they tell me my reference no. but then i was like oops pressed the wrong thing so tried to get back without jottin' down the number and end up losing everything......coz i fink we need our reference no. to pay either by credit card or phone/internet banking

addz

HSC
Originally posted by milktea
that happened to me as well =_=, i have to pay online too, but the thing is i even forgot to jot down my reference no. >.<", dun like this online acceptance at all, doesn't allow you to make mistakes....lol.....but i was wondering are they gonna inform us when they receive the payment? i mean what if they go they haven't receive it by 2/2 but u did pay and they give out your offer already???

yea i did that too
had to email them..

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Just to clarify ..

u get the $250 creditied towards your 1st semester union fees (which is about $240) and the remaining $10 for 2nd semester fees

about the reciepts - u get a email reciept of your transaction from ANZ (if u did credit card) - not sure about the others.
in addition, if u happend to skip paying the fee - u can ring the UNSW infoline and ask them for your reference number again and scroll down (on the main my.unsw page) to the section "Pay your fees online"

asdf

HSC
Yeh this online thing is crap IMO. There were many things i missed out on by clicking on the continoue button. :(

Luckily not the fees part though...

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
Just paid with BPay.
Get the reference number and customer number, go to your online banking site, and press the 'BPay' button. You should be able to print your reciept from your bank's site.
You can do it over the phone too.

addz

HSC
its probably more convienent to actually go to the uni and pay
lol

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by addz
its probably more convienent to actually go to the uni and pay
lol
problem is, u can't actually do that

kouri

well w t f
HSC
wah ha ha ha..i did the exact same thing as everyone else..

and so did a friend of mine..

this is really screwed up.

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Same bloody here, now I'm stuck and i can pay the damn $250 if though I want to,stupid system.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Minai
in addition, if u happend to skip paying the fee - u can ring the UNSW infoline and ask them for your reference number again and scroll down (on the main my.unsw page) to the section "Pay your fees online"

TheKey

HSC
hmmm i knew the internet payment was a bad idea (especially when i still have the blaster worm virus) so i used the aust post option....

however is this it? like i chose engineering/science and they made me select a particular engineering but noone asked for science, so im left with Elec Engineering/science when infact i wanted to do elec engineering/comp science..

but anyways is this it, like do we just wait for 2nd Febuary or something, no need to go anywhere..is there any way to check they actually have me accepted?

milktea

i was wondering.....if we enrol online on the 2nd feb....will they give us timetable straight away or??????.....coz i won't be here so can't attend the advisin' day.....n anyone know if they gonna send any important letters during feb?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Originally posted by TheKey
hmmm i knew the internet payment was a bad idea (especially when i still have the blaster worm virus) so i used the aust post option....

however is this it? like i chose engineering/science and they made me select a particular engineering but noone asked for science, so im left with Elec Engineering/science when infact i wanted to do elec engineering/comp science..

but anyways is this it, like do we just wait for 2nd Febuary or something, no need to go anywhere..is there any way to check they actually have me accepted?
You will find that it is BE/BSc (Comp Sci). Its not explicit, since the course code already says this is EE/Comp Sci (you've got the right course right?!). Even straight computer science is B Sci (Comp Sci)

crazylilmonkee

HSC
ok well.. i got accepted into unsw but i wanna change my pref's and go to uts.. but apparently i have to accept the unsw first so if i do end up goin to uts in the end do i get my $250 back??

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
yes you will get the 250back saids somewhere on teh UNSW site.....so much reading.....it sux

hmmmmm most people probly just rushed it and didn't bother to read it
there is a nice video showing you how to use the online system to enroll.....guess most peopel didn't look at it either and that is why they stuffed it up

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by milktea
i was wondering.....if we enrol online on the 2nd feb....will they give us timetable straight away or??????.....coz i won't be here so can't attend the advisin' day.....n anyone know if they gonna send any important letters during feb?
Your timetable is compiled as you submit your enrolment - ie when u finish choosing ur subjects, your timetable will be viewable (along with any clashes)

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Sunny , Your doing compute science!! I need some help over here, please. Anyways I thought when you choose Computer science, you just to the course but now people are telling me of all this individual subjects within the course to choose from. I always thought that first Year was common year and everyone does the same stuff. If I have to choose individual subjects on enrollment , recommand some subjects. Ps gont and Band 5 in SDD but i hate it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much. And I also got Band 5 in Mathematics but I'd rather do as less math as possible. Thanks in advance!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)