ppl i just started yr 12..im too stressed...plz help (1 Viewer)

Shocker_85

hi ppl!
i just started yr 12 on Monday :(
i do:
3u Maths
eng standard
Business studies
Chem
Physics
plz advice me how 2 get rid of stress n make use of my time effectively..

Originally posted by Mona
hi ppl!
i just started yr 12 on Monday :(
i do:
3u Maths
eng standard
Business studies
Chem
Physics
plz advice me how 2 get rid of stress n make use of my time effectively..
Never ever ever stress out! if you stress out from NOW what are you going to do when you're in MY shoes?!? (sitting the hsc in four days and counting, woohoo!!!!)
Anyways, as long as you keep up with the class work and homework and pass every assessment task, you'll be fine :)
Stop thinking about it is a majorly big thing, it's only a small part of life (sure, it's significant, but not worth all the stress)
Wait a while (a long while) longer before even CONTEMPLATING stress....

Amy18

DO WHAT I DIDNT DO

USE YOUR TIME WISELY
revise everything and use the full year not the last month b4 the exams:p

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Dont make it the be all and end all of your entire existence, as lilith said, its important but not the only thing that matters. Remeber that and you'll go fine ;)

Jellymonsta

You know, i think that everybody going into y12 gets the advice of dont waste your time, be consistent etc (i couldnt count how many people gave me such advice)
but strangely enough, the advice is generally ignored :D, and the y12 ppl realise a week before the HSC that they rrrrreally should have been consistent etc....
and then they pass on their pearls of wisdom... not to procrastinate or be inconsistent
and thus the vicious circle is completed (except for those enviable few who actually do dedicate themselves to learning)
my vote is that the HSC takes the form of a giant colouring in picture, and everyone chips in to create a yearly masterpiece . :gridnod:

Christine

beige member
HSC
u think your stressed now? u just wait it gets 10million times worse and i'm not exaggerating.

best advice i can give u is PLAN!!! and stick to your plan- develop a routine that works, read your textbook in the christmas holidays so when u do a topic in class your not completely lost and as soon as u finish a topic - summarise your notes under syllabus headings- it saves a lot of time later on.

good luck

nicole2511

dont stress..yet

if you're stressing now, you're probably the type of person who is likely to stay ontop of things anyway...i only discovered this site today..hmm

anyway, just be glad that you're not doing THREE major works..bcz id tell you to stay ontop of those if you were doing any..

i say just go to class, take notes and occasionally read over them- that doesnt sound too hard right! best wishes!

Morgues

well I didnt virtually nothing the whole year, studied 2 weeks for the trials, now ~4 weeks for the HSC
Don't do what I did or in 1 year you will find you need to do 32 hours of work a day to be ready in time :eek:

herbsby

HAHA
STRESS!!!!
4 days to go and im like meh! shiiiiiiit = seriously, just work consistently like everyone said -
BUT DONT FORGET THE MOST IMPORTANT THING OF ALL.....

YR 12 IS THE BEST SKOOL YEAR - THE BEST PARTIES, AND THE BEST FUN, CHANCES ARE YOU'LL BECOME FRIENDS WITH PPL UVE BEEN AT SKOOL WIF FOR 5 YRS AND NEVER SPOKEN TOO - YOU'LL MEET SOME HEAPS COOL PPL AND KEEP THOSE FRIENDSHIPS FOR AGES!!!
and you can still go well in the HSC and NOT be a frekkin hermit - keep a balance, just use ur time wisely, if you work for 7 hrs on eg sat - go out sat nite, have fun! dont compromise fun unless you've got exams or assessments!
yr 12's been the best year of my life- and im still gonna do law no matter what! life's short - use it! work hard. dont waste time - but most of all have fun! lifes too short to become depressed, and upset coz you wanna go well - you can still go well and have fun!
:)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
TIPS FOR SUCCESS:

1 Never STRESS
2 Make regular notes
3 Ask questions
4 Regularly visit THIS site, along with others ..
5 [Most important] HAVE FUN!!!

herbsby

HAHA! i agree!
what a time to try and waste OUR time replying to him! pfft! we have the hsc in 4 days - he has it in 369 days! hallo! and i can even count - see theres more to hsc than study - thats probably the most ill ever use maths in my life and i am EXTREMELY PROUD Of my sooo not studious work ethic....(haha remind me of that when i get my UAI results!):)

HSC
You need to organise a rigorous study routine and follow a strict and regimented study timetable, you must do at least 10 hours a night, you need to alter your sleep patterns so that you can only waste 4 hours a day on sleep, TV, movies, music, and any form of entertainment will be out of the question for the next 12 months, your social life should be non-existent (i.e. no phone, no internet) the only form of communication allowed is questions towards the teachers (no exceptions) and you have to record all your periods on to mini disc for future reference....

- Wake up at 6am
- Study till 8am
- Go to School
- Study at lunch/recess whle eating recess
- Comeback and study til 6pm
- Eat dinner
- Study till 2am
- Sleep till 6am

You should follow this procedure from tommorrow and I gurantee you will come first in the state. (If you don't die b4 then that is)

Another way, to get 99.9 is
- Go to board of studies building 2 weeks b4 the trials.
- Open their safe containing hsc exams
- take out the exams
- and close the safe
- and study the answers to the exams
- check the answers with the teachers and hsc advice line
- do the hsc

HSC
Originally posted by natstar
OKKKKK then-sweety, no offence but i advise u to GET REAL. As many ppl have already stated the HSC is in 4 days. Do u think im stressing? NO im just sitting here about to kill myself-j/k
you dont know what stress is unless you were a year older and were facing 5 whole exams in 1 week-yes ppl i have all my exams except 1 in the 1st week-arnt i lucky.
Ok you just started year 12 3 days ago-whoopidoo-its all going to be party party party untill like a month till the HSC-ahhhhhh i sound pathetic-im stopping this

sorry if im harsh
What she said....

I have fucking 4 exams on the first week.... that really sux...
On the Friday I have like 3 hours of IPT and 3 hours of Modern History, how insane is that? I'm gonna be screwed cos they both have so much content....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)